Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: finally.

finally.

my wife finally gave me the go ahead for a pup. I am looking for a companion and a friend for the kids. and maybe for some hunting or packing. a tough short hair that can take the climate in the FSJ area. any input would be gratly appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: finally.

Visit your SPCA. They have the smartest mutts out there...too many of the purebreds have had the brains bred out of them. This guy amazes me daily with his intelligence and hunting/retrieving/sighting/smelling skills.

Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Smile Re: finally.

He's my kind of people!

pound puppies r the best way to go - we got Sissy 10 years ago from the SPCA slated to die list - she was so badly abused by the sheep farmer that when we got her she needed lots of love and care but she is the best dang dog today at 12 - she tries her hardest to show up our Lab

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

If you're looking for a family dog, one that will loved by everyone, you may consider bringing your wife along to help choose one.

A dog wanted / loved by only one household member is in for a tough go...........

ya i am going to go to SPCA to find a pup. and a 57 is all we had as kids. and the wife and kids have been to the SPCA a few times already just looking.

What you describe for wants I would hunt around for a mixed up dog--fellow around these parts bred to meet those basic requirements--some mastif blood with collie and malamute--Nice stout dog that is loyal and protective and can really pack a load.
    Personally I have a beef with the SPCA dogs--road to hell being paved with good intentions--requirements to keep a dog may surprise you--they regularly deny applicants because they have small children, unfenced yards, etc ad nauseum. Frankly I dislike the uber alles.

Who says the SPCA's "rules" are bad? It's not bad to have a fenced yard or kennel run so your dog isn't killed on the highway or gets excited and runs out and nips the neighbour's kid. Some dogs aren't good with small children, so isn't it best to know that ahead of adopting a dog into a family with kids? The spaying/neutering requirement is a no-brainer when there are so many unwanted dogs put down every year because there just aren't enough good homes for them all.

The SPCA adopts thousands of great dogs into caring homes every year. It doesn't take much to meet their requirements, which I found to be common sense, practical things that any responsible dog owner should be doing in the first place.

You're just a rebel Andy.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

We got an Elkhound this past year and we are very impressed.Gentle,protective when he should be ,and has never had a fight.Great dog.Just make sure that you could give him the 1 hour of exercise a day that he needs.
    Happy dog hunting!
    Koot