Thread: Ingenika

Ingenika

Hey guys i am new around here, I Was thinking that this fall i might go do some hunting up around ingenika or maybe johansen(sp?) lake area, What can you guys tell me about the area or the people around the area? Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ingenika

If you aint an indian good luck. I know they had road blocks up north of the Fort and weren't letting anyone up for logging or hunting. My buddies uncle had a draw up there and didn't even go because of the hassles the indians were giving to everyone.
    It is easier to get forgivness than it is permission.

It has been pointed out to us that the proper number to consider in the event of violent aggression is "911"- if you are of the rabbit people. Others will do better to place their faith in the number "1911".

I drew grizzly and moose by ingeneka, didn't end up hunting there, heard too many stories of hassles with Indians on the west side of williston, robbing your camp while your out hunting etc. East side of the lake is better apparantly

The east side is better Ospika arm is excellent hunting. Be warned if you go onto the lake with a boat it can get really ugly the wind and waves come from nowhere 8 foot swells are the norm.(Just ask moosehunter he will verify this) And everyone is right about the native population avoid them at all cost, there have been unconfirmed stories of armed standoffs!! Not a friendly bunch.
    Last edited by moosecaller; 02-25-2005 at 04:16 PM. Reason: P.S.