Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few nice Island Blacktails

A few nice Island Blacktails

Here are a few deer I've gotten in the past 3-4 years. I'm new here so just wanted to show my mugg

2. Site Sponsor

Re: A few nice Island Blacktails

Welcome to the site Buckee, Good looking bucks you got. I notice you hunt with bow, its great to have another opinion here.
    Todd

Welcome Buckee! Nice deer.
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

Hey Buckee, There was a young fella that lived on Gabriola Island. His nick was "The Brew" on this site and I'm sure he had sent a picture of his uncle with a nice deer. Would you be the same guy?
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Nope...it wasn't me.

welcome to HBC..some nice deer there for sure...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Buckee, good to see you here. Yep, those bucks are still nice.

Welcome Buckee,

Nice mug and the deer pics are great...bottm left is a nice high rack...any decent scores?

Hi there Jack (Canuck2) So this is where you hang out eh.

Hi Freshtracks,
    The only deer that has been scored in that picture is the top left 5x5. It scored 117-6/8 and won me the big-buck contest a couple of years ago. Got my name in the Vancouver Island record buck for that boy. He sure is a nice swamp-buck and looks great on the wall too.
    That deer on the bottom left was a really nice mature brute, but he was also a 3x4, which made him not too worthy of scoring. He was one of the most exciting and shortest hunts, I have ever had. I was in my stand, not 3 minutes and was still getting my act together, when he responded to my first doe-call. He came in on the run, just like you would see a whitetail do. I had laid some scent down at 20 yrds and 10 yrds and he came out right in between the two. One scent was a squirt of artificial vanilla and the other at 20 yrds was doe-in-estrous.
    The rut was in full swing and he went first to the vanilla (which gave me time to nock an arrow...LOL), then turned and slowly started walking over to the high branch I had sprayed up with the doe-in-estrous. I nailed him at 15 yrds and he only ran 60 yrds into a swamp before dropping, just out of my line of sight. It was a short, exciting morning

Those are great pictures Buckee! I had never heard of using artificial vanilla as a scent, but that's why I'm here, to keep learning and hopefully bag a nice deer like one of yours.

Regards,

James