Thread: Gopher Hunting?

Gopher Hunting?

Has anybody ever done any gopher hunting? I am interested in the availability of gopher hunting, as I could see it as some fun shooting. Any information would be great, especially locations close to the Fraser Valley
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Gopher Hunting?

Haven't done around down there, but I do some north of kamloops, up towards Sun Peaks, and East towards Vernon, and Shuswap. I found it helpful to talk with local feed shops, they often know of guys with gophers, and or let you put up a poster asking about it.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

Did quite bit last summer. was great fun. you need to find ranchers to let you hunt on their land as it is a private land only hunt.

warning, it;s VERY addictive!

I use to snare them as a kid in Alta. None on Van Is. water table is too high. A trick I learned is the gopher when coming up out of his hole, always faces away from the dirt pile at the hole. Its lots of fun snaring and shooting them. I used a single shot 22. It made me a pretty good shot.

You might want to try and get as close as you can to Manning Provincial Park. It's an hour from Hope. Worked there years back and there's a lot of them there, but you can't hunt there b/c it's designated a park. Maybe try on the other side of Manning towards Princeton. Not sure though if you'll be able to find a hunting spot.