Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Backpack Hunting Training in Langley

Backpack Hunting Training in Langley

I'm looking for somewhere in Langley that has Stadium style stairs to training for backpack hunting. My wife gets super stressed out when I go hiking at night on my training trail. Anyone one know of any good training stairs in Walnut Grove, Langley or Cloverdale area?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Backpack Hunting Training in Langley

McLeod Athletic park

Can't think of a set stairs, but there is a circular walkway that is the pedestrian approach to the Golden ears bridge. Pretty steep IIRC
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

I'm out with my head lamp 2-3 nights a week during the winter either running or skiing - only time my wife is nervous is when I'm out for longer than I said I would be. But a text takes care of that.

What's your wife specifically afraid of? Do you live/train somewhere that can be perceived as dangerous?

Mcleod or you can run the stairs on the east side of the lec over and over

Guys use good head lamps that seem to light up the entire forest all the time for mountain biking, hiking, snow shoeing, etc. in the dark. It's a nice peaceful time to be out. If you want a good hour and a half (maybe less depending on the weight of your pack) workout with a pack on the Abby Grind would be good. Find a buddy to go with if your wife is worried, albeit all the hiking areas around here have cell service.

Hike the 176St hill up to the freeway, its 10% gradient? I ride that hill as part of my cycling loop and its a nice little workout. Probably more likely to get hit by a car than whatever your wife is worried about though...

Its a little farther for you but the stairs at Fred Gingell park are like the mini Grouse grind with a pack on
    I feel more like i do now than i did before i got here

Thanks everyone.
    Red-mist- McLeod is a good point. Had not thought of that.

Steelco- I went checked out the Golden Ears ramps cause they are close to my house last night. Not as steep as I remembered it being but I'm going to try it with extra weight this week.

Markathome- the place I normally run or hike to train is Houston Trail. Not dangerous at all. My wife is a worrier, rarely is it rationale. I try to minimize her worrying when I'm not hunting, cause as you can imagine she gets really worried when I'm hunting.

Ducktoller- what is lec?

mastercaster- I didn't know there was a Abby Grind. Thanks

arj5406 - I used to run the 176 hill for training. Agree that's an ass kicker of a hill.

blaine - you're right probably a bit far for what I'm looking for but those stairs look epic!

Tried Campbell Valley?