Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New female hunter looking for mentor or hunting buddy or hunting group

Re: New female hunter looking for mentor or hunting buddy or hunting group

Hi CandyKid, my group usually hunts ducks on public land in Delta and Tsawwassen regularly. I make it a point to take out a newb whenever there is space. You have lots of time until the start of the season to look at your gear and getting your mindset in the right place. I would browse some of the old threads here for information and then start asking questions. You will see some of the regular posters, including me, asking the questions you might want to ask back when we were newbs. Often when I google for the answers they come right back here to old threads.

Go look at the Waterfowl Hunting section on the board and it should occupy you for a few days.
    Last edited by silveragent; 06-09-2021 at 06:52 AM.

That look interesting, but the link you provided doesn't work?

Quote Originally Posted by DC67 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    Newly started and looking to build some steam in Canada, the hunt in common is looking to start a north american hunting mentorship organization to get people connected to eachother and get people introduced to hunting for the first time or gain some more experience. Formly the hunting collective chapters started through the popular meat eater network podcast The Hunting Collective with Ben O'Brien.
    Whether you are interested in mentoring someone or looking for some help, check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thcc...ter/?ref=share

We are developing a network of individuals that love the outdoors and want to share that common ground with others. Looking for Regional ambassadors across the country to help organize in person events, virtual happy hours to create connections and get involved in creating a healthy environment for new and less experienced hunters.
    Big things are coming!

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Hi CandyKid, Often when I google for the answers they come right back here to old threads.
    Speaking of old threads, you do realize CK asked for help 5 years ago, right?

It’s great to see people offering to mentor though. I’ve got a couple of young ones that I’m helping along, and there are plenty of days in the season for us all to do that.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Speaking of old threads, you do realize CK asked for help 5 years ago, right?
    LOL no I totally missed that ha

It’s great to see people offering to mentor though
    I figure if we make sure others don't make the dumb mistakes - that we might have made - then it makes public land that much better to be in if everyone is respectful and safe.
    Last edited by silveragent; 06-14-2021 at 06:50 AM.

Thread resurrection is great if it gets people thinking about mentoring a new hunter. We should all be making time to do that. Except you hillbilly guys that shoot at sounds in the woods... you can let those habits die with you
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

To bad this mentorship thing is organized on Facebook.

IMO, Facebook has lead to the demise of our hunting and fishing rights.

I've helped lots of people over many years, and will continue as long as I'm here. But most certainly not on that Facebook crap.

Facebook has changed society, it's pro Left, and your about to be sensored even more. Pro Left is taking away our hunting and fishing rights more and more everyday. So many don't see that. Wake up !

Great to see others helping others, with out the new comers our traditions and heritage will be lost. To bad it's in this Facecrap forum.

Canada is worse off to loose our rights than those in the USA. People in the US have balls and stand up to those like government, ANTIs, NGOs and yes FNs. Canadians are to passive. We cry what happened after it's gone.

IMO FACEBOOK is pure CRAP.
    Last edited by Imdone; 06-16-2021 at 09:06 AM.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Make sure to teach them well, a member, Steadygirl, on here once ended up in court after fish and game caught her in an illegal act some time back, hasn't posted on here since.
    "Life is too short."