Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bcwf - moose tracker app live!

Bcwf - moose tracker app live!

A new interactive tool is allowing British Columbians to help wildlife biologists monitor moose populations and inform conservation efforts, Minister of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations Steve Thomson announced today.

The B.C. Moose Tracker app, available through iTunes, lets users upload information on the number, sex and location of moose they encounter in the wild directly to an online database. The data will the help the Province monitor moose populations by alerting staff to emerging issues.

The app also includes a digital version of 2016-2018 Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis, a searchable, interactive summary of hunting regulations throughout British Columbia.

The app supports the Province’s ongoing efforts to strengthen its moose management strategy through the modernization of licensing, inventory and research methods.

The Province developed B.C. Moose Tracker in consultation with the B.C. Wildlife Federation and with the financial support of the Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2016FLNR0183-001519

DOWNLOAD THE APP HERE!

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/en...-moose-tracker
    Make sure to Like and Share us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/BCWildlifeFederation

Twitter- @BCWildlife

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bcwf - moose tracker app live!

Sounds great but maybe a wolf tracker might be the answer we all know what the real problem is?

Once some data is compiled we should be able to plot potential honey holes on google earth.

I can see this being sabotaged by PETA the first season.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Sounds great but maybe a wolf tracker might be the answer we all know what the real problem is?
    Ya, If only somebody would start a wolf tracker, he he.

Quote Originally Posted by carnivore View Post
    Once some data is compiled we should be able to plot potential honey holes on google earth.
    Haha.....I am going to guess it's similar to the "Whale Report" app where users don't get to see where they are being seen.

I kinda wondered that when I started using the Whale app out on the chuck if it would just be a tool for the watching boats to hone in on where they were? My inquiry was quickly answered by the BC Cetacean Sightings Network that nobody aside from researchers will see the data.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Ya, If only somebody would start a wolf tracker, he he.
    Is there a wolf tracker app?? Details if there is

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Is there a wolf tracker app?? Details if there is
    http://wolftracker.ca/
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Itunes???? What the hell is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need to download that crap onto my android to get this Moose App? Guess I'm not getting it.

So is this app alive because the guy who did the mymoose app wanted $$$$$ for the data??
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004