Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Only "Voting Deligates" to be allowed at the BCWF AGM and Convention

Only "Voting Deligates" to be allowed at the BCWF AGM and Convention

The word has just leaked that certain members of the BCWF Provincial Executive have proposed letting only "voting delegates" attend the AGM and convention. This has never happened before to my knowledge and would set a very dangerous precedence It is not clear whether or not it will go forth as not all members of the board are in favour, but it is most definitely being discussed. This is news every BCWF member needs to know.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Only "Voting Deligates" to be allowed at the BCWF AGM and Convention

Considering all the yadda yadda yadda that's been posted about all things BCWF recently, I'll wait to hear some official announcement about......well, everything.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I will be at the convention and will form my opinions from there, I sure won't listen to the rhetoric on here.

Quote Originally Posted by FirePower View Post
    The word has just leaked that certain members of the BCWF Provincial Executive have proposed letting only "voting delegates" attend the AGM and convention. This has never happened before to my knowledge and would set a very dangerous precedence It is not clear whether or not it will go forth as not all members of the board are in favour, but it is most definitely being discussed. This is news every BCWF member needs to know.
    This is not news, it is fiction.

BCWF members are allowed to attend AGM related matters ie, nomination and vote.

Voting delegates, or members who paid for the entire agm/convention, get to attend the entire convention and agm.

Those who have paid but are not members/delegates only attend the convention part.

The online world is a very strange place - seems single cell organisms are readily able to make a living.

By the way, I believe the BCWF board meeting is today (the day before the agm/convention which is standard) - so how "not all members of the board are in favour" is beyond the farthest reaches of reality unless you have a crystal ball......... or you are telepathic............. or simply into making things up

The trouble with leaks is sometimes you are given one and sometimes someone is taking one on you.

Very best thing is to stick to the facts.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

I can't see that happening .. too much $$ down the drain for one thing. Convention has always been open to both BCWF and non-BCWF members and typically there is a good number of non-voting members present and participating.

It has been suggested that it's an attempt to avoid hard questions being asked but I honestly can't see that as a plausible reason as it won't stop that. The majority of voting delegates are there as club representatives asking the questions their club wants answers to, that won't change.

It may be an attempt to stream line the convention and cut down on the time spent with discussions but that is counterproductive in my mind and really against the whole point of going to convention. I will be very surprised if the idea gets any traction and very disappointed if it does.

my question is, can any member of the bcwf attend without registering,. I cannot remember if this has been the way in the past or not. could someone please clarify this as I know some people that are not registered that had planned on coming,,,dale
    "Hunting For HEALTH Not TROPHIES"

As far as I can recall Dale, you would have to register to attend. Their choice would be for the three days or just the particular day they are there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    The trouble with leaks is sometimes you are given one and sometimes someone is taking one on you.

Well said!

The online world is a very strange place - seems single cell organisms are readily able to make a living.
    The BEST single line comment I have ever read here......my congratulations.

This is not news, it is fiction.

BCWF members are allowed to attend AGM related matters ie, nomination and vote.

Voting delegates, or members who paid for the entire agm/convention, get to attend the entire convention and agm.

Those who have paid but are not members/delegates only attend the convention part.

By the way, I believe the BCWF board meeting is today (the day before the agm/convention which is standard) - so how "not all members of the board are in favour" is beyond the farthest reaches of reality unless you have a crystal ball......... or you are telepathic............. or simply into making things up

Well Mr. Goatguy, it appears it was not so much fiction after all. It is all over the convention that this was indeed being discussed and a lawyer was even consulted to explore the legal ramifications of such an unprecedented move.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!