Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting the Klappen Rail Grade

Hunting the Klappen Rail Grade

Any of you guys ever hunt the Klappen rail grade, I was up there this year and thought it was some beautiful country. I was wondering whos been up there and what you thought of it.They are doing lots of drilling there right now, so maybe this will change the game patterns...??? If you have been there, tell me what you thought.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting the Klappen Rail Grade

my uncles have hunted that area lots i have never made it up there but would like to one year...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

a guy i work with was up there this fall his photos were gorgeous they got a moose and turned down one i will get some info if you like

Where is this place? (urbanite question, I know!!!!!)
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

up north lol...up towards dease lake a believe...correct me if i m wrong...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Its an old railroad bed built to ship coal out of the north. It goes from smithers to dease lake and was built in the early 80's. Due to the price of coal dropping the tracks were never put on, its kinda cool this long trail with bridges and everything....But no tracks.

yeah its well over 100 km's long and really good moose huntin area oh wait i mean no moose there at all...

some moose...but I think with the new moose no hunting areas ...moose hunting is not as good as it used to be...One thing I did see plenty of sign was for the G BEARS.......they were all over...

yes my uncle's said if u plan on going make sure u put in for a g bear draw...while there they have had dealings with g bears before...and if i m not mistaken my one uncle that goes every year said there is caribou up there too...

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

I have hunted a section of the part that borders Spatsizi. Beautiful area but hunted hard. We talked to a CO when we were there and they had performed a rough count of hunters........over 1000 along the road in various camps when we were there. Still saw moose though.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!