Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeding Bear?

Feeding Bear?

Does anyone feed their dogs bear meat? How do they like it? How do you prepare it for the dog?

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Feeding Bear?

If I recall correctly... Some one (from the island???) was on here this past winter BEGGING for Bear meat for their dog. The pooch had some kind of digestive issues and that was about all it could eat.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

I have a blue heeler border collie x and she has eaten bear moose and deer all raw or cooked and never any problems. i rember one time i was gutting a moose and well the guts seem to be coming out easy i looked over my shoulder and my dog was pulling on some of the inners for me i thought it was quite cute.

I've got a buddy who has a whole farm of hounds - he cans it
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

As long as I cook it and mix it in with some real dog food I don't mind feeding my hounds game meat of any kind. I personally wouldn't feed it raw, but thats just my opinion.

far as raw yes it probly better bieng cooked but i heard some ware and not sure how true it is but it depends on the bread of the dog. take a wolf hi bread or even a blue heeler witch is just a dingo they are raw meat eater in the wild so it does not efect there digetion system as well lets just say a lab ect. like i said i heard it some ware not sure how true it is

I`ve feed my dog a truckload of bear meat,no problems.She loves it.

I read a book about a Nahanni trapper who use to shoot black bears and feed it to his dogs. Not sure how the tricinosis (spelling???) affects a dog if the meat is uncooked?

My Blue Healer loves raw bear meat, the vet said it was fine as long as you dewormed him once a year

Making a bear meat stew for your dogs is all so a good Idea chop/dice up carrots and celery and mix with small chunks of meet and to thicken it up add rice or oats to soak up the liquid. you could also add potatoes if you wanted to but if you make it to good you might end up eating it all.

The breeder I got my whippet from gives her dogs this type of home made food while her dogs are racing for the extra protein for their muscles.