Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anamita Mushrooms

Anamita Mushrooms

I've got those damned Anamita Pantherina mushrooms growing in my yard, and I caught my pup with a button cap of one in her mouth. Don't know if she actually ingested any of it as she's not displaying any neuro deficits. You know pups, they'll eat almost anything........ Every couple of days I'm out digging them up and destroying them before she can get to them.

So, for you dog owners out there, and those with children or grand kids, if you have anamita's growing in your yard dig'em up and get rid of them.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anamita Mushrooms

Spokerider, could you post up a picture of what they look like? Are they dangerous to dogs? I've got afew mushrooms growing in my back yard as well but never seen any effect on the dogs. I've got a femaleand she eats everything she can get her chops on so it would be nice to know what they look like.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Bow Walker Guest

I'd be very interested to, as my pup is constantly chewing on something or other.

Here is an Animita Pantherina mushroom. They grow under conifers. They can also be a lighter tan color and have fewer white "flakes" on the cap.
    Deadly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails panther1.jpg  

Bow Walker Guest

Thanks Mark - appreciate the headsup.

Apparently mushrooms that are poisonous to people are not necessarily harmful to animals , so I have read. Stranger yet is that some people are unaffected after eating poisonous mushrooms.... exactly why no one seems to know.

We have many amanitas on our property in the spring and fall, they add a bit of color :/

Quote Originally Posted by Monashee View Post
    We have many amanitas on our property in the spring and fall, they add a bit of color :/
    Hallucinogenic ?

Most if not all Amanita are Hallucinogenic some more deadly than others.

Your mushroom could also be this one Amanita muscaria
    Last edited by Ioneth; 06-25-2007 at 08:54 PM.

To kill a mushroom patch you have to turn the soil with a spade as the mushrooms are just a fruting body of a network of small "roots" i cant for the life of me recall what the "roots" are called but if you just pick the fruit you dont kill the tree just like apples.
    if you turn the soil and expose the "roots" to air they will die and your mushrooms wont come back.

The "roots" are actually called hyphae.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."