Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocks????

Rocks????

Alright, i have heard it a lot, by throwing rocks into a pool, you can liven it up and get fish out of it, even when before there were non hitting, has anyone at all had any luck at all with this? Is it just an urban myth? Anyone?
    Harmony with land is like harmony with a friend; you cannot cherish his right hand and chop off his left. ~Aldo Leopold

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rocks????

I have heard T.N.T works really well also has anyone tried this also

steve

Steve Dynomite Works great...You coodnt pay me to go back to fly fishing.. throw a few sticks of dynomite in the water and watch the fish float to the surface LMAO. Make sure ya dont drop a stick in the boat or that will go Cowshiit in a hurry!!

Haha sounds like we got some work to do and i know just the lake to do it in.Dont need a rod or a lisence jsut a case of beer and some T.N.T and you got yourslef some red neck fishing

steve

not sure about rocks but..............Ice fishing once the lake was slow for a hour, so we were going to make a fire and we fell a big dry pine on the frozen lake. Not long after we had fish on that wernt there before, maybe luck but i'll say we scared the fish to us.

I recall watching a Jim Teeny video where he threw rocks into a pool of sedate steelhead, basically to wake them up. Probably would be considered horasing already fatigued fish nowadays.

ive seen lots of ppl do it in enderby.... but then again they r pretty much snagging the the damn things

Sounds like boys with idle hands and idle minds. Maybe some household chores would help to prevent an accident?

yeah, i dont know, i am pretty good at steelheading, but i have never seen throwing rocks do anything for the steelhead fishing. I figure they are tight lipped and when you throw rocks, they might wake up to move, but they get scared and get even more tight lipped, i have never seen it work, but almost every steelhead fisherman i have met has done it at some point in time
    Harmony with land is like harmony with a friend; you cannot cherish his right hand and chop off his left. ~Aldo Leopold

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

I've done it when sight fishing Coho on the Chehalis down in the jungle. It works good to move a fish that's in a bad spot to make a presintation to it. The only thing is you have to keep your eye on where the fish goes and give him a couple of minutes to calm down. After that make your drift and get ready for a tight line. It seems to wake up a lazy fish sometimes too. DO NOT throw too big of a rock! some thing the size of a golf ball is more than big enough. Good luck and do try it.