Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolves around Kamloops.

Wolves around Kamloops.

Well, I spent the weekend with Steelpulse and a buddy hunting north of Kamloops. Had been hunting the same areas for a while, seen lots of deer bear and moose throughout the summer and early hunting season, saw lots of deer until the end of october. Theres snow in the higher elevations and that showed us what was really going on in those areas. WOLVES. Gosh darn wolves. At least 8 wolves travelling together at one point, but every road we drove had wolf tracks, every set of deer tracks of which we saw less than ten had the pack following them. Spent the day driving and never found a deer track by it self. Hadn't seen very much wolf sign at all until now. Looks like I need to change the game and get back out on the snow shoes. Might take a couple days and hunt around. Was wondering today, how quickly will the wolves change the patterns of the deer and moose, there were no deer or moose where there were deer all year. And of course I was wondering how big the biggest bugger of them all was as his tracks were something else. as wide as my size 12 muck boots.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wolves around Kamloops.

Yep.. It's crazy how the population has exploded. Up in the Bonaparte where I hunt I wouldn't even see one a year. Last two years I have seen over a dozen and all In broad daylight. The only effective way to deal with them is poison but that'll never happen!

Was out this weekend saw 10 wolf tracks for every deer track I saw . Spotted two huge wolves Saturday morning walking one of the main roads , scurried off pretty quick when we came around the corner . Pack of about 4 it looks like wondered into our camp last night , didn't notice until we woke up this morning and had wolf tracks 10'feet from our tent .

More then just wolf tracks in the first picture.

Out yesterday and lots of Wolves in Reg 5- 1 too RJ

there was a buck following a doe in the first picture, picked up their tracks first, then found the wolf tracks after a hundred yards. followed them through some thick stuff and turned around.

holy wolf sign!

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Out yesterday and lots of Wolves in Reg 5- 1 too RJ
    I have been hearing them howl almost nightly at my place on #24, just east of LB.
    BC RESIDENT HUNTER AND VOTER!

That first pic looks like a pack of about 10??
    Seems to be a common theme everywhere.

I'd love to set some snares where these wolves are....