Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coyote Hunting

Post Coyote Hunting

Well I am heading out this evening for my first outing this winter for coyotes. A quick trip to the range and then a favorite spot.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Coyote Hunting

good luck...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Thumbs down Hunt #1 - Skunked

I needed more of it. Called one stand for 40 mins or so with no sightings except a few mulie does and a moose. No replies to my locater howls either.

On a higher note, my 223 Rem handloads shot great at the range sight-in, 55 gr. Sierra GameKing BTSP's over Hodgdon Benchmark, 3200 fps avg and good accuracy.

hope to get out again this week...
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Re: Hunt #1 - Skunked

Hey Firebird, Sounds like fun. How much range you got to shoot in where you are hunting?

=keith=

Post Re: Coyote Hunting

Where I was hunting today, it was 386 yards to the far treeline from the blind. Shots can vary from 50 yards to as far as you feel confident to shoot. If you have the equipment and skill to shoot 500 yards, this area can present you with such a shot.

pic of the blind view
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/..._04-05_001.jpg
    Last edited by todbartell; 12-16-2004 at 01:03 AM.

500 hundred yards is a good poke for a coyote. Good luck!
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

Firebird, I have never been to Vanderhoof. is that like pasture land or hay fields or natural meadows? Lakes aren't froze up yet are they?

=keith=

rrfred Guest

Smile Re: Coyote Hunting

hi; rrfred one, coyotes one; been chasin them for a month off and on since snow was on the ground, recently saw a pair got - the slow doggy- crows and whiskey jacks- happy. hows everyone else doin'?

Post Re: Coyote Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by leftcoast
    I have never been to Vanderhoof. is that like pasture land or hay fields or natural meadows? Lakes aren't froze up yet are they?
    Farm land mainly, with small woodlots spread around in between. Pretty good coyote habitat.

i have about as much luck with coyotes as i do with bears..i never see the *******s..mind u i have never hunted for them either...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer