Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bear meat- what do you eat??

Bear meat- what do you eat??

Since bear season is here, I was just wondering what do you eat from the bear and what do you make out of it?

Just curious, since I wanna bag a bear this season hopefully!

thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bear meat- what do you eat??

Last year i had pepperoni made, this year i'll have smokies made.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Yeah I was thinking about that, but do any of you cut your own bear meat and just make bear steaks or whatever with it?

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

had smokies and pepperonies made and are they good!! smokies excellent on the barbq perfect for fishin or huntin trips with a cool brewski. Moosin

We cut our bears up into chops and roast just like we would a deer. It's great eating and makes awesome burger. You cook it well done just like you would pork.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Derp
    Yeah I was thinking about that, but do any of you cut your own bear meat and just make bear steaks or whatever with it?
    I've done it. It's fairly decent meat, but not as good as deer, elk, moose, grouse, etc. I found it lacking in flavour, and in need of more seasoning than any other kind of meat I ever ate.

If I ever kill another bear (which I doubt I will), I will make the whole thing into saussage/smokies/etc.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

Last year I made one spring Bear into steaks/burger and my fall bear into sausage. I only have two packs of sausage and maybe a half dozen steaks left in the freezer.

We own a George Forman grill and it works perfect for sausage. You take your sausages out of the freezer, in the microwave for two minutes and on the George Forman for 12 minutes and you're ready to go, 14 minutes from freezer to your plate.

With the steaks you can't go wrong if you marinade them in Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette for a couple of hours and fire them on the BBQ. My wife prefers bear over deer now.
    Ground bear meat makes awesome spaghetti sauce as well as chili. Don’t be scared to try new things.
    Get out there and enjoy yourself. I’m hoping to put another couple bears in the freezer again this year. God knows we have no shortage of them on the Island.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

I also had a couple small roasts made from my bear last year , they were excellent.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

u really gotta go for some bear hams...i
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

last spring i got my bear mad into peperoni,sausage,burger, and i bit of jerky. all were tasety!