Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drone Reminder- Wildfires

Drone Reminder- Wildfires

Just a reminder for those with Drones

Make sure you are not interfering with the airspace over an active fire- Lives are at stake!

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviatio...i-uav-2265.htm
    Last edited by BCWF; 08-18-2015 at 12:23 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Drone Reminder- Wildfires

They should just start giving the firefighters a goose gun and shooting the things down, this is getting ridiculous!

Is this a real problem these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Why are drones legal to have in the first place?

Drones are legal for the same reason kites, rc cars and planes are. tbh though I didnt realize someone would not realize it's a bad idea in the first place ✈��

Quote Originally Posted by chrismcd View Post
    Drones are legal for the same reason kites, rc cars and planes are. tbh though I didnt realize someone would not realize it's a bad idea in the first place ✈��
    You would almost put them in a class of there own. Drones can be maneuvered and pointed much easier than those other examples you classed them with.

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Is this a real problem these days?
    yes. Peeping toms, drugs delivered to prisons etc.
    It is a problem if we make it so.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

It seems to me that people making the "ban the drones" arguments have a lot in common with the "ban the guns" folks.

While the object, (drone/firearm) may be different, the same rational of the firearms proponents (us firearms owners) would be that you correct/remove the action rather than banning the object. Since it is behavior that is the problem not the object, you correct the behavior (inappropriate flying of drones) rather than banning the object (the drone) itself.

Also, since these transmitter/receivers in drones work in the 2.4 ghz range they could establish no-fly zones pretty quickly by putting up a transportable frequency-jammers at sites that would make flying them impossible. I do however think that drones could be used by the people fighting these fires to check areas without endangering personnel, they could transmit gps coordinates to water bombers and helicopters to allow more accurate targeting of fire-spots during times of heavy smoke as the drones could fly into the smoke without sacrifice/danger.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Quote Originally Posted by chrismcd View Post
    yes they are legal. And they have rules for them. Like no flying with in 9kms of an airport. And they sure as he'll shouldn't be flying around fire fighting equipment. I know one farmer . His neighbour was flying one around their barn. They took the ten gauge . And winged it. . It is the same as quad rules. No body knows what the rules are. An average Joe can buy one. A set of rules should come with a drone and a atv. Some common sense goes a long ways.