Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stoves and cots

Stoves and cots

So a while back I posted about tents I was looking to buy. I ended up going with the big horn 3 with the vestibule, all in all I'm pretty happy with my buy. I have set it up and used it a few times this summer with the family and have figured out a few tricks to setting it up. Know I am looking at getting a stove and some cots for the tent, and am wondering what other people use?

So I am looking for info on a good stove to put in there, and if anyone out there has any experience with the disc-o-bunk bed cots

Zach

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Stoves and cots

Hmm Cabelas..their top line cot very comfortable! Built to hold 1200 pounds sturdy..
    Steven

Had the Cabelas Alaskan Guide cots. They were nice, fairly heavy but sturdy. Sold them this year and bought the disc o bed bunk set. Have not used them yet in camp, but I set the tent up and put all my gear in. The extra room the bunk system gives you is very nice. I find them to be more comfortable than the cots.

I use the Outfitter model of the Cylinder stove with the five gallon water jacket. Load it up with dry Larch and it will keep a slow burn for most of the night with a good bed of coals left in the morning. Previously had a Riley stove, nice and light but not particularly airtight. Never held heat for more than a few hours at night. Usually was up a couple of times to stoke it.

I have the Cabelas guide cots and the disco cots. both are comfortable, especially with foam mattress (also cabelas). the disco is a big space saver. we have four sleeping in a 12*12 alaknak tent (yes I am a walking cabelas advert).

If you don't do much cooking on the stovetop then the home hardware tin stoves work fine (Great West metal). A layer of sand/gravel in the bottom keeps them from burning out and a coat of wd-40 for storage and they'll last a long time. They're fairly cheap and work fine.

Outbound xl cots for me great cot
    Elite Energy 32

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm Cabelas..their top line cot very comfortable! Built to hold 1200 pounds sturdy..
    Steven
    You get any bigger they will have to reinforce yours ! LOL RJ

found a post on craigslist under RVs and Camp. A guy out in Chilliwack has some pretty cool looking brand new stoves for $300. Haven't checked it out as I'm already in the process of building my own, but they look nice...

lots of capacity and burns all night on those - 15 hunts with everyone adding would when they take a leak. Unless your space restricted or physically not average a normal $100 cot is all you need.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom