Thread: Habitat Enhancement Region 8

Habitat Enhancement Region 8

Forecast is for pretty nice weather next weekend, so we're planning do do our first habitat restoration work party of the year up on the Bald Range grassland off Bear Main Forest Service Road next Sat., Apr. 11, meeting at 9 a.m. at the usual spot, just before the upper pits on Bald Range Main, (at km 11), and about a kilometre off Bear Main.
    We'll continue with removal of small trees encroaching on the grassland, removal of the dead lower limbs on some of the ancient trees to protect them from wildfire and filling in gullies created by runoff eroding fall-line trails.
    Bring gloves, water, hand saws, shovels, rakes and buckets or tarps with which to move pine needles into the ditches.
    Please share this invitation with anyone else you feel might be interested in joining us.
    I would appreciate having an idea of numbers by Apr. 9, so if you could e-mail me if you can join us, that would be great. Otherwise, you might not get lunch!
    Let me know if you have any questions...
    trailmixture@shaw.ca
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Habitat Enhancement Region 8

Looks like a worth while project. Many hands makes light work.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Re: Habitat Enhancement Region 8

Bump.......