Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skull cleaning...

Skull cleaning...

What is the best way y'all have found for cleaning bear skulls? I always have trouble getting all the brains out so lets hear it from some more experienced bear slayers Seems like appropriate timing to me.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Skull cleaning...

Deja Vu......again....or did I say that yesterday?.....

I have the same problem or the other one is I boil the skull till it falls apart
    Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear.

Take a coat hanger or anything similar and put a J into it (like a fish hook). Use this to basically blend the brain. The hook can also be used to pull the bigger chunks out. I then use the tapand flush alot of the residu out. At the same time I remove all the other big meat chunks with a knife. I then boil for about 15 then take to a pressure washer. Stick the nozzle up the skull cavity and blast away. I would reccommmend wearing rain pants when doing this. The pressure washer is also used to get all the meat off. Works like a hot dam.

BHB

The guys at the car wash usually love picking the brains out of the drains after you're done .

Hopefully, you've got a pressure washer at home .

SSS

Dopem to the bottom of the ocean.......off a warf in a marina tied to a rope for a while. That will clean the scull up spotless.

Go to a taxidermist..or a tannery for a reasonable fee they will boil the skull, bleach the skull and re glue the teeth back in. Or if ya know of anyone with DERMADID????SPEELLING?? beetles they work good also.

steven

yup hang em off the dock

I've heard ant hills do the trick as well, chain it up so that something bigger doesn't wander off with it.

remove as much if the meat with a knife coat hanger in a fish hook shape the brain then boil it for a hour. then burry it in the ground for 30 days dig it up bleach it and glue in any teeth that have come loose.
    VEGETARIAN (vej' eter' een) n:
    Old Indian Word for
    BAD HUNTER