Thread: Coyote Hunting with a bow

Coyote Hunting with a bow

Has anybody on here ever tried coyote hunting or successfully killed a coyote with a bow? I was out giving it a try this morning and called one in with a predator call. When I was belly crawling across a field He got a glimpse of me and to my surprise started howling. As I was hiding behind some blackberry bushes he was just howling away. I guess he thought I was another coyote when I was crawling. He never came into range though, he was about 80-100 yards away. This went on for 30 min before i got fed up and made a stalk on him. He was curious of what I was when I was crawling but eventually took off. Any advice on how to call them when they are howling would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully next weekend yields better results.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Coyote Hunting with a bow

Dirty, some guys have success out of tree stands using a predator calll.

=keith=

from what i here using a decoy of some sort is definitely the way to go. I've even heard claims of one person attaching a decoy to a fishing line and having a partner reel it in when the coyote spots it to bring him into bow range!

fishin for yotes sounds like fun...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

yes its very simple to get them dogs into 30yrds and closer. go find an old stuff animal brown in color and hang it from a stick/re-bar 2 ft off ground, 20yrds in front of you. get ready!!! good camo and good back stop. start squeeling. good luck. come Jan i will post some pics of sask yodie hunts. cor.

Lightbulb Re: Coyote Hunting with a bow

I would set up in some thick brush and put a rabbit decoy along with a electronic caller approx. 20-30 yards from you in a clearing. Use some fox or coyote urine as a cover scent. Hopefully that would make the coyote expose himself in the open with his attention off of your position. Wear full camoflauge too.

I believe there is a few rabbit decoys on the market, I think one of them is called Riggor Rabbit.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004