Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: InReach

InReach

I have a request for the BCWF. As if they are not busy enough at the moment

I noticed InReach the company that makes and offers contracts on satellite text communicators is offering the GOABC a 15 % discount on contracts.

InReach obviously thinks that a discount to the GOABC will pay dividends to their bottom line at some point through advertising to clients. Could we as a group of close to 50,000 not effect their bottom line to a greater extent. I personally own a InReach and would appreciate a discount as well. Am I out to lunch here ? or is this something that may be worth pursuing ?

Obviously at a later date when everyones agenda is not so full.

By the way, InReach IMO is a much better product than spot, because it is a two way communicator as opposed two a one way, and you can suspend your service for a nominal fee as well.
    B.C. resident hunter

2. Site Sponsor

Re: InReach

Yep!!! I dont think you're out to lunch and I'd love a 15% discount as well!!

Me too i have one as well
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

I own one, would like the same discount as well.
    Sometimes she goes, sometimes she don't go. That's just the way she goes Ricky

I agree a discount should be available to all hunters if GOABC gets one. However, then they'd be giving a discount to all users as they form large groups of: hunters, fisherman, climbers, hikers, ect... Overall, I don't see this happening. But I guess we could read into that DeLorme has more than a 15% profit margin on service fees and if enough people complain maybe their services will decrease in price.

Also, not to hijack the thread, but would any of you recommend selling a dedicated Garmin GPS and SpotGen3 with the idea that the DeLorme Explorer tethered with an iPhone could do the same job? I always carry an iPhone with me, so I would be really be going from 3 devices down to 2.

kawdy, why don,t you form a committee of these guys above and ask for other responses and let us see where this might go. you will have support from a lower level of the bcwf and from there we can put it to the provincial level....dale
    "Hunting For HEALTH Not TROPHIES"

kawdy,
    i'm bcwf and delorme. add me to your list.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Supports GOABC, I'm of the opposite mindset.. I'm out.

Sounds really simple to me, the GOABC solicits deals with vendors and the BCWF doesn't, good for them! Considering the fact they only have 240 members and get all these deals somebody is on the ball! K

I would suggest that you should review your news updates from the bcwf as there is a number of discount and partners that the bcwf has onboard that give discounts. you get a list when you rejoin as well....fowl
    "Hunting For HEALTH Not TROPHIES"