Thread: Spotting Scopes under $500

Spotting Scopes under $500

I am in the market for a spotting scope that costs under $500 - any advice would be appreciated. The most common advice I seem to be getting is to not skimp on optics and pay the big bucks for something good, but it is just not an option for me this year. Also, if anyone wants to get rid of a scope, send me a PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Spotting Scopes under $500

Check out the compact Leupolds or Nikon Team Realtree

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

Bausch & Lomb Elite 15-45x60mm or the new Bushnell equivilant. If you can spend $500, you can spend six
    Last edited by todbartell; 04-02-2007 at 08:40 PM.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Go with the Bushnell Elite 15-45x60. Around the $400 mark and one of the best in that catagory. There is a lot of scopes out there, just remember that you get what you pay for. Stay away from the cheap 100-250 types, they will end up costing you in the end.

There is a few post about what you are looking for. Do a search under spotting scopes and you will find a wealth of info.

I personally have an Elite 20-60x70 and it is one of the best in the $500-$800 range. Also search out sites like
    www.24hourcampfire.com
    www.opticstalk.com
    www.monstermuleys.com
    and any of the birding sites as they do exstensive reviews on all sorts of optics.

Good luck in picking the one you like.

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I have good quality 20-50x50 scopes that only weight 1.2 lbs and carry a lifetime warranty for $220.00. I will have them at the Kamloops gun show PM and I'll send a picture

Another vote for the Elite, and I don't even own one...But in that price range it's pretty tough to beat.
    Twist and pull.

Quote Originally Posted by 300WinMag
    I am in the market for a spotting scope that costs under $500 - any advice would be appreciated. The most common advice I seem to be getting is to not skimp on optics and pay the big bucks for something good, but it is just not an option for me this year. Also, if anyone wants to get rid of a scope, send me a PM.
    princeton out door supply ,,,250..with bug and small tri-pods.hard case and soft case..can maybe get ya my discount to if your rolling tyhrough town one day

Go look at whatever you wish, then take a peek at a Bushnell Legend. For the money you're wanting to spend, I found it to be excellent. I just recently purchased a 20-60 x 60 for ~$300 and change.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean