Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car sick dogs

car sick dogs

do they have any kinda puppy gravel out there??? my dog gets car sick not to often when she is in my truck but when she is in my wifes car....
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: car sick dogs

Went through that with our pup. She's over it now. She got bigger and therefore was able to sit up in the back seat and see out the window, which helped a lot.

There is a natural type thing to give them - it's called Rescue Remedy. Get it at the 'health food' stores. Four or five drops (depending on the size of the dog) given at least 1 hour prior to the trip will do the trick. They end up sleeping during the ride.

Not so good for short trips to town though - by the time it takes affect you're home again.

She'll grow out of it, but it smells something fierce.

bowwalker my pup is the opposite of urs lol....she is fine if she is layin down and in my truck she lays down...in the wifes car she likes to sit up and when she sits up she gets sick...on short trips up town she is usually ok now except she drools alot lol....
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I have heard that those rubber anti-static draggers that people use on their cars will help stop it.

Mine is fine if he eats before a trip, but an empty stomach sometimes gets the yellow spit on the seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

My sister made a big pillow bed so her little tiny rat like dog can see out the window. No more sick dog.
    Those anti static dragging things for your car I also herd worked.
    My little chihuawa ( spelling? ) got sick on his first car ride. One time thing. All good now.
    Work little,,,Play lots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3kills
    do they have any kinda puppy gravel out there???

Childrens gravel is what our vet told us to give to our dog.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I would just load that dog up every trip you go in the car. It will grow out of it and learn to love the ride.
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 3kills
    bowwalker my pup is the opposite of urs lol....she is fine if she is layin down and in my truck she lays down...in the wifes car she likes to sit up and when she sits up she gets sick...on short trips up town she is usually ok now except she drools alot lol....
    The drooling is usually the first sign of what's to come.

As houndogger says - she will eventually grow out of it. Good luck, and keep a bottle of vinegar handy for cleaning up the mess.

could just be the driver!!

youngfellla Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude

Mine is fine if he eats before a trip, but an empty stomach sometimes gets the yellow spit on the seat.
    My pup is the opposite. If she has a full stomach, it ususally comes up in the truck. She is getting better, I take her to town with me every time I go so she gets used to it.