Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF AGM in Fernie

BCWF AGM in Fernie

Just curious as to how many hbc members plan on attending the agm and convention this year in Fernie? Also don't forget to get your kids to apply to go as junior delegates through your club or region. The junior delegates always get to go on a ton of cool adventures during convention and have loads of fun!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BCWF AGM in Fernie

How do they always find the darkest hole in the universe to have AGMs, this question has baffled me for 3 centuries.
    I'd love to go to an AGM but I sure can't go to the tropic of Capricorn for it.
    Last edited by adriaticum; 02-13-2015 at 05:07 PM.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

The AGM moves around the province - as it should Addy. Expect this year's fundraising dinner to be BIG!
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    How do they always find the darkest hole in the universe to have AGMs, this question has baffled me for 3 centuries.
    Kelowna, Richmond, Courtney and Surrey are the most recent 4.
    Fernie has a great club.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

The AGM moves around the province - as it should Addy. Expect this year's fundraising dinner to be BIG!
    Can the BCWF raise money for Resident priority, or only BCWF?
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Fernie is a great place to have the convention. The East Kootenay boys do a great job of hosting and raising money.

As mentioned before, it rotates around the province. Any BCWF member can attend but only 2 direct members can attend as voting delegates I believe. Then the rest of the voting delegates are from clubs regions and board members, etc. If you have the chance, definetly try and attend one. They are very interesting and the evening events are lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Should it be in Vancouver or Surrey every year? Tropic of Capricorn, you sound like the world revolves around the LML. It was in Kelowna last year FFS...

Its a provincial group, so it moves around the province. That being said, Fernie banquet will most likely be larger than most and will raise a ridiculous amount of money if past years Fernie Rod and Gun club banquets are any indication. Fernie does it right and should be an amazing venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Should it be in Vancouver or Surrey every year? Tropic of Capricorn, you sound like the world revolves around the LML. It was in Kelowna last year FFS...

Its a provincial group, so it moves around the province. That being said, Fernie banquet will most likely be larger than most and will raise a ridiculous amount of money if past years Fernie Rod and Gun club banquets are any indication. Fernie does it right and should be an amazing venue.
    Yup.. And I'm betting this year's fundraiser blows Surrey's out of the water!
    Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

They have also changed up the format this year and shortened the convention by a day so it should be interesting to see how it pans out.