Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sturgeon Fishing

Sturgeon Fishing

Hey Guys,

Would like to take 4-6 guys Sturgeon Fishing the beginng of June as part of a bachelor party. Can you guys help out as to where to stay? WHen's the best time? and who to go with.? Maybe there's some packages around with accomadations and fishing. Looking for two days worth.

44inchStone
    Acu-Sight Canada
    HuntingBC sponsor

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sturgeon Fishing

Hey you should try Tony from Harrison Bay Guided Services he is one of the best out there and will get you into fish. You could also stay at the Harrison Hotel. I have fished with Tony many times over the years, he runs a first class business. Hope this helps, good luck with the dinosaurs

I use Lens Sport Fishing and have always done well with him. Nice boats very professional and he knows the river.

www.lenssportfishing-bc.com

They are based in Chilliwack and can take care of hotel arrangements and transportation for you.

Thanks for the reply,

I'll have to search on pricing and maybe a package deal?? Never thought my hunting bud would have tied the knot at 40. I guess miracles do happen.
    44inchStone

you should try phoneing up riverside fly and tackle im sure garry will hook you up.
    I am a member of..
    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Make sure you are sitting down when you get the quote, it ain't cheap.
    But if one of your friends is tying the knot it would be a great trip to remember as one of his last bachelor outings.

Quote Originally Posted by 44inchStone
    Hey Guys,

Would like to take 4-6 guys Sturgeon Fishing the beginng of June as part of a bachelor party. Can you guys help out as to where to stay? WHen's the best time? and who to go with.? Maybe there's some packages around with accomadations and fishing. Looking for two days worth.

44inchStone
    Acu-Sight Canada
    HuntingBC sponsor
    Hi 44inchStone:

If it was me booking an expensive fishing trip I would hold off on your sturgeon fishing adventure until the last two weeks of September.
    With the heavier than normal snowpack in the mountains this year you may experience near flood conditions on the Fraser River during June. The sturgeon available for catching are also typically much smaller in June, and much harder to catch due to high, dirty water and so much of it.
    2007 is a pink salmon year so there will be an influx of extremely large ocean-going sturgeon making their way into the Fraser River about the end of August. These large sturgeon will then go into holding patterns directly below major pink salmon spawning sites between Mission and Hope. Your chances for success on big sturgeon and better water/fishing conditions are greatly improved during the early fall portion of the year.
    If you'd like to book a sturgeon fishing adventure with a good guiding company, check out B.C. Fishing Guides at the following url: http://bcfishingguides.com/aindexvideos.html

Bushman
    "To fair-chase hunt, shoot straight, respect, speak the truth, and enjoy the wilds of B.C. in a way few ever experience." —Bushman

I would go with STS www.guidebc.com or Great River Fishing, www.greatriverfishing.com . They are two of the best companies on the river. STS has some of the nicest boats and largest which would be good for a large group of guys. Check out their websites they are very professional. September will also be the best month to go as this is a Pink Salmon year.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

also check out Fred's custom tackle. they also have guides.

Heed what Bushman said....the freshet this year is going to be huge!!!!....in June the fishing is average at best....some good fish, but nothing like the fall fishery......

I have been with Len a few times, excellent guide and very entertaining... Vic at STS does have (I think) the biggest boat on the river and does have some very good guides with him....my own choice would be to get out with Len....

One other thought, what about going out earlier....end of this month should show some good fishing IF the river doesn't get too high too fast....

Mike...love my sturgeon fishing!!!