Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Allocation Policy - The Politicians Still Don't Get It

The Allocation Policy - The Politicians Still Don't Get It

Were into this fight for over a month now and half of the Liberal caucus is towing the party line and trying to sell it to the rest. They are throwing bones to see if we can be distracted. The GOS for sheep in region 4 is gone, is Roosevelt elk in region 1 next? The Liberal caucus are meeting this week in Prince George, we need to let them know how many voters live there.

Let them know the numbers, 102,000 resident hunters can not be sidelined by less than 200 guiding companies. We know that not all guiding companies are represented by the GOABC and also that not all guiding companies agree with the GOABC position on allocations. The clientele of the guiding companies is down by 30%. When the numbers are actually run, 6,500 historical non resident hunters is now down to about 4,500 less the 600 permit to accompany non resident hunters, these are your friends and family that come here to hunt with you, leaves less than 4,000 non resident alien hunters with the guides. Up to 40% share to less than 4% of the hunters, how can this possibly be fair.

The politicians want to know if we have changed our position? My opinion is HELL NO! This is our hill to die on, when the election comes in 3 years we will remember these allocations. Is your MLA representing you? I know that mine is not representing me.

Now is the time to jamb the public meetings to overflow, send another letter, call your MLA's constituency office or better yet go to their office and let them know personally.

Hunting for Health not Heads

2. Site Sponsor

Re: The Allocation Policy - The Politicians Still Don't Get It

Quote Originally Posted by jack pine savage View Post
    Were into this fight for over a month now and half of the Liberal caucus is towing the party line and trying to sell it to the rest. They are throwing bones to see if we can be distracted. The GOS for sheep in region 4 is gone, is Roosevelt elk in region 1 next? The Liberal caucus are meeting this week in Prince George, we need to let them know how many voters live there.

Let them know the numbers, 102,000 resident hunters can not be sidelined by less than 200 guiding companies. We know that not all guiding companies are represented by the GOABC and also that not all guiding companies agree with the GOABC position on allocations. The clientele of the guiding companies is down by 30%. When the numbers are actually run, 6,500 historical non resident hunters is now down to about 4,500 less the 600 permit to accompany non resident hunters, these are your friends and family that come here to hunt with you, leaves less than 4,000 non resident alien hunters with the guides. Up to 40% share to less than 4% of the hunters, how can this possibly be fair.

The politicians want to know if we have changed our position? My opinion is HELL NO! This is our hill to die on, when the election comes in 3 years we will remember these allocations. Is your MLA representing you? I know that mine is not representing me.

Now is the time to jamb the public meetings to overflow, send another letter, call your MLA's constituency office or better yet go to their office and let them know personally.

Hunting for Health not Heads
    \

Definitely, now is the time to ramp it up, not back off. Wen need a new flood of letters/Emails/calls so they know we have not and will not go away.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Get to the rallys! Make them SEE us in person!

Prince George, Jan 21!

Kelowna Jan 31!

Victoria TBD!

WE WILL WIN THIS!
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Let's get at least 250 to show up in PG - more than one person for every G/O in BC. 2500 in Kelowna = 10:1. 5000 in Victoria = 20:1. This is THE time to stand up and be counted. ZERO excuse for apathy!
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

I guess if the people on here would like to learn how to knit then do nothing. if you do like to hunt or fish then get on board as it was said this is our hill to die on. otherwise ignore this thread and order your needles now before the price goes up because we will have nothing to hunt and fish....write, write write...please....dale
    "Hunting For HEALTH Not TROPHIES"

Quote Originally Posted by fowl language View Post
    I guess if the people on here would like to learn how to knit then do nothing. if you do like to hunt or fish then get on board as it was said this is our hill to die on. otherwise ignore this thread and order your needles now before the price goes up because we will have nothing to hunt and fish....write, write write...please....dale
    Well stated Dale. This is not the issue to do nothing on people. We need to generate support for this cause and get others to join us.
    Last edited by kayjayess; 01-18-2015 at 10:14 PM.
    Wild Sheep Society of BC 1Campfire

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    Fort St. John January 27

No- we are doing a RALLY in PG, not a Town Hall.

All the Liberals are in town that day.

We WILL be seen in person.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Quote Originally Posted by NoahDawg View Post
    No- we are doing a RALLY in PG, not a Town Hall.

All the Liberals are in town that day.

We WILL be seen in person.
    Got you - I deleted my post.

At this point it doesn't matter who you are going to vote for in the next election. What matters is telling your MLA's the Thomson Allocation Policy needs to be changed. Less than 250 people can't have a stronger voice than 102,000. 4% of hunters shouldn't get 40% of allocation of any species. Politicians need to represent tax paying constituents. Back door deals are not part of the democratic process. Focus, people.. FOCUS!
    Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

At this point it doesn't matter who you are going to vote for in the next election. What matters is telling your MLA's the Thomson Allocation Policy needs to be changed. Less than 250 people can't have a stronger voice than 102,000. 4% of hunters shouldn't get 40% of allocation of any species. Politicians need to represent tax paying constituents. Back door deals are not part of the democratic process. Focus, people.. FOCUS!

Exactly ... this is not about what if???

It's about what is happening right now. Who gives a shit about fear-mongering at this point?

Stay focussed and don't let the detractors sway you off of the beaten path!!

We will win this battle, even with those that seek to distract.