Thread: Hunting Gaiters?

Hunting Gaiters?

I recently started looking for a decent pair of gaiters for hunting. My buddy has an old school pair of wool gaiters that keep his feet nice and warm as well as making him a little quieter when he walks. I'm told the german wool gaiters are really hard to find (pretty much have to get them from germany) but that there are a few decent fleece gaiters out there. Anybody know where I can pick some up? They don't need to be camo, but it would be nice if they were black or green....they must be quiet though. Most of the stuff I've looked at is fleece on the outside, but lined with really noisy nylon on the inside. Thanks.

Rob

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Gaiters?

Try ebay.

Or perhaps try searching under Google for Nato or German military surplus wool gators.

You can get European millitary surplus goods same as here at home or the U.S.

One final thought, check Mountain Equipment Coops website for non nylon gators... don't know if they might have something , though its not usually for hunters.

Good Luck

Thanks Bear Sniper. MEC doesn't have what I'm looking for...I wonder if Dave's Surplus might have something?

Rob

Are these what you are looking for?

http://www.montanawoolenshop.com/POtherHunting.html

Yup - something like that. I'm not sure what the Suplex liner is like for noise, but it sounds like what I want. Thanks MooseNuts.

MEC sells them, most outdoor type shops like MEC will as well.