Thread: stumbled on this..think it is worthwhile...guys you have to keep perspective.

stumbled on this..think it is worthwhile...guys you have to keep perspective.

It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: stumbled on this..think it is worthwhile...guys you have to keep perspective.

BTT as this is the best thread going on here right now.
    I have no fear... angels follow me wherever I go.
    Big & Rich

Re: stumbled on this..think it is worthwhile...guys you have to keep perspective.

completely agree.
    those are great points and a very good topic.

What a great article. Thanks for posting it.

Great read i have 2 beginners 6 and 10 .

Thanks for sharing the link. My son is less than 4 months old but I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about taking him hunting one day. I look forward to teaching him and "showing him the ways". These are some great points to keep in mind down the road.

Every parent who hunts and has children should read it. I have taught my children, grand children and soon will start the great grandkids and all of the points they make come into play.

I have two girls aged 11 and 13 that I love to hike /hunt/wander the bush with and the article has some great points. As much as I want them to become hunters I realize it's not something I can force, only my 11 year old is really interested. They both are accomplished shots with a 22 and a 17hmr and both have shot grouse. I made a huge mistake with my 13 year old that may have actually turned her off hunting, a couple of years ago we were grouse hunting and I shot a rabbit. She loves rabbits, I didn't even really think about what I was doing I saw the rabbit and shot. Lots of tears and I felt like an a$$. She hasn't carried a gun since. She still loves wild game and loves camping, hiking, and shooting but she no longer argues with her sister over who gets to carry the 22 while we are hunting and she hasn't shot at a grouse since. I still feel terrible but there doesn't seem to be any way to fix it so I just encourage her to come if she wants to and maybe someday she'll want to hunt again. Her younger sister was also along on the same hunt when the rabbit incident occurred and she had no problem with it, she even ate with me, and she comes along on a few hunts every year. So maybe 1 hunter out of 2 isn't bad. I'm not going to force it.