Thread: Rubber booties and vet wrap

Rubber booties and vet wrap

Hey guys, LML based here and have a change of plans for the Remembrance Day Long weekend; heading out chukar hunting and am now going to bring my lab with me (woohoo BUT I dont yet have any booties). Any suggestions on where in town I can pick up some boots and vet wrap to mitigate the cacti?

Please PM if you have any suggestions otherwise I'll resort to tire tube DIY

Thx in advance.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rubber booties and vet wrap

vet wrap...from a vet or a feed store. Vet wrap is used on horses.

If you do decide to go get the wrap from the vet then you should think about getting a bunch of other supplies while you're there Put together a nice package so if there's ever an incident You can staple them up wrap them up or glue them up. Also good to keep some antibiotics in the kit.

Quote Originally Posted by yamadirt 426 View Post
    If you do decide to go get the wrap from the vet then you should think about getting a bunch of other supplies while you're there Put together a nice package so if there's ever an incident You can staple them up wrap them up or glue them up. Also good to keep some antibiotics in the kit.
    Great idea - our Daughter put a kit together for us when she was a Vet Ass't. We keep it at the cabin as the nearest Vet is a long way off.
    The Vet wrap we have and use is that self stick, stretchy stuff, is that really what the OP is looking for? Seems to me to be pretty thin, would it ward off a cactus?
    Booties are available at most of the larger pet stores and a number of hunting supply stores.

I think the wrap is for around the ankles top of boots

^^ Yes, for ankles at the top of the boots. I intend a couple wraps of tape to help keep them in place. Thanks for the responses, will phone a couple retailers in town.

AJ
    The vet wrap is used to wrap the ankles so when taping over the boots, the tape does not stick to the hair, rather adheres to the vet wrap. Post hunt, when removing the boots, it then is an easy and painless process for both you and your dog. Take a look at Lewis Boots - they are the only boot I now use for my DD while hunting Chuckar in the sage and cactus. You can order them through Gundog Supply.
    VDD GROUP CANADA
    BCWF
    BIGSLAPPER OUTDOOR ADVENTURES est. 1963
    www.bigslapper.com

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Odds are you're probably not going to get a sheep anyways. So you want to at least enjoy your time on the mountain. But not sexually.