Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THIS YEAR...whitetails a plenty

THIS YEAR...whitetails a plenty

Well let me tell you this has got to be one of the best years for whitetails in a long time. I have been hunting the east side of region 8. In the last 5 days I have seen over 100 does and 17 bucks, on two days 5 and 6 bucks in the day. Unlike most years these bucks have not only been spikes and forks, but fours fives and even a six, although I have yet to take a buck (10 days left) I have had chances. But as always the really really big ones are just too smart and have lots of luck on there side. I am wondering if others have seen an increase in whitetails ?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: THIS YEAR...whitetails a plenty

During our hunts up in the peace country weve noticed alot more whitetails than usual. this seems to be the trend over the past few seasons.

I think you need to get out of the truck quicker if you want to get a big one!!
    Lt

I cut the doors off....so nothing holds me up...

sounds like i need to take a trip to try my luck in white tail hunting this year...going to have to call up my hunting buddy and see what his plans are before the season closes....
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

to give an update, this morning was much the same. I saw 12 deer, 4 bucks, 2 4 points, a 3 point and a spike. The rut is in full swing, I was watching 2 does at about 50 ft, when grunting out came one of the four points ..paid no attention to me....tomorow is another day

Where abouts on the east side of region 8.I would love to get a whitetail. Are they better tasting then mulies

Are they better tasting then mulies
    Ahh the eternal debate

Assuming that all else is equal (the game has been properly harvested and dressed, similar age and rutt time etc etc) it is GENERALLY accepted that whitetail is a slightly more popular meat. But - neither of them is as good as blacktail. And blacktail takes a back seat to sitka.

i have heard whitetails are better now i m not sure if i have eaten any but i m sure i have when i was younger but dont remember...palmer are u holding out for a big one???
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I love white tail. Yeah, it seems there are alot more this year