Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: northern deerhunt

Talking northern deerhunt

well we just got back from our deer hunting trip north of FSJ. It was a great weekend, we spotted more than 25 different bucks in the area we were hunting and there was a fairly even split between mulies and whitetails. the trip ended with my buddy tony getting his first ever buck (a 4x1 mulie), i got a decent 4x4 whitetail with my longest field shot ever..an honest 400 yrs!, and to top it all off my dad took his biggest buck ever (9x9 mulie) with a great 300 yrd shot through a tree line. i hope i attatched the pics correctly...if not they should be in my gallery. ive also got great video of a 6x7 whitetail buck that we saw while preseason scouting that never did turn up during the hunt. hopefully i'll be able to pull some digital still shots from the vid to post in the gallery.

Last edited by Tank; 11-10-2004 at 03:21 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: northern deerhunt

Nice bucks !!!!! Now he just has to wait 2 years before he can go back and shoot another muley buck !!! My top two typicals that make the book are from FSJ area.

bone-collector Guest

great shots Tank congrats

back to BCrams why does he have to wait 2 years to go back up for mulies?

"back to BCrams why does he have to wait 2 years to go back up for mulies?"

In region 7B anyone who takes a mule deer must wait two years to harvest another one....i shot a mulie up there last year so i had to sit this season out as far as muledeer in 7B are concerned.

Thumbs up Re: northern deerhunt

wow, good show that mulie your dad got is a HAWG
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

some very nice deer..way to go...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I shot my last one in 2001 under that new 1 in 3 year rule .... I can go back up this year but am choosing next year to make a big hunt again.

Looks like you guys had a very sucessful hunt, it’s nice to see a few young faces. That a very exceptional non-typical mulie buck!!! Have you had him rough scored yet? I would love to see a side view of that monsters antlers, he looks very tall as well. Keep up the good work.

Bcrams, you mentioned you have two book bucks, what book are you talking about? And what were the scores on those beauties from the FSJ area, just curious?

Cheers, RR

thanx for the comments guys! ridge-runner, heres a side shot of the buck. we rough scored him at 215 1/8. keep in mind were are not pros at scoring deer, especially a non-typical like this one. we more or less just followed the instructions and tried to stay conservative.

i cant get over how much of a beauty that buck is...did u age him at all???
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer