Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lots of whitetail in the hills

Lots of whitetail in the hills

Been out bear hunting 8 days straight around kamloops,,,,,definatly lots of bear around,,holding out for a cinnamon,,,,,,anyways,,,,,I've been seeing soooooo many whitetail around,,,,surprising at the amount,,,,,I was up top barnhartvale Campbell lake area,,,,and seen my first 2 whitetail in barnhartvale last night,,,,,,nevvvvvvver seen them up there before in 27 years,,,,,a doe and a button buck,,,,,was wondering if anyone else been spotting whitetail in areas they have never seen them before this spring
    Aim small,,miss small

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lots of whitetail in the hills

Saw 3 in the Princeton area, The first 3 that I have seen in around 5 years years of hunting there

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    Been out bear hunting 8 days straight around kamloops,,,,,definatly lots of bear around,,holding out for a cinnamon,,,,,,anyways,,,,,I've been seeing soooooo many whitetail around,,,,surprising at the amount,,,,,I was up top barnhartvale Campbell lake area,,,,and seen my first 2 whitetail in barnhartvale last night,,,,,,nevvvvvvver seen them up there before in 27 years,,,,,a doe and a button buck,,,,,was wondering if anyone else been spotting whitetail in areas they have never seen them before this spring
    Lots of whitetails around Barnhartvale in the almost 30 + years I have been in that area .... ie robbins range and the power lines , and its only a few miles over the top to douglas lake range which is lousy with whities so its only a matter of time before they fill in between now that's its been logged off

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Ok thanks for pointing that out, can’t believe how wrong I was and how right you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I don't know why he always attacks me so vicously.

Lots of whitetails all around the loops, my brother saw a herd 30 strong yesterday, they everywhere

they are definitely popping up everywhere. If only they were easier to kill!

Yup there is tons around kamloops,,,,just shocked to see em in barnhartvale,,,,,I been hunting mulies,,bear and moose,,,27 years,,plus I live up here,,,,and can't believe this first time I've seen them up here lol
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    they are definitely popping up everywhere. If only they were easier to kill!
    This is your year SR80! It's got to happen this fall.

B-rad, not too surprising you're seeing the WT out Barnhartvale way. The woods around Roche Lake are full of them. The powerlines are an easy travel corridor for them.
    "nevvvvvvver seen them up there before in 27 years" Its funny how I hear that so often when talking WT around Kamloops. Remember the WT thread from last fall how many guys said the same thing? Just shows how cagey the bucks are. I saw a few WT does on the road by the Heffley dump last month. They are all over.

I wonder how many guys are planning on trying to kill 2 bucks with the new regs as opposed too more does, which is the real idea behind the new regs I believe.

I'm really looking forward to this fall. I'm heading out near Roche Lake tomorrow and I am going to take a quick detour up into the hills and put a few trail cams up there where I know some WT are hanging out. The shitty thing about having a cam up there is when you check it it will have 190 photos. 187 cows and three deer!!

Here's a little motivation for the season. My buddys wife didn't want it in the house so I took it instead of it going in the dumpster. 1956 Russell, Sask. big buck champ. Scored 150 1/2

First time in the South Christian Valley from Rock Creek to 60 km North saw over 200 White tail in the farm lands around the dinner hour:
    Every day in the bush is a day you get back from the Reaper!

VGC
    SVRGC
    BCWF

Wow!!! Nice buck,,,,,,well I get both my whitetail every year in kamloops area,,,,,but now the whitetail 10 min drive away in barnhartvale,,,how awesome is that,,,,I'm gonna set some trail cams up by the power lines close to mcgloshen lake,,,,,woooohoooo new whitetail area for me to scout out close to home,,,,,am sooooo stoked!!
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    Wow!!! Nice buck,,,,,,well I get both my whitetail every year in kamloops area,,,,,but now the whitetail 10 min drive away in barnhartvale,,,how awesome is that,,,,I'm gonna set some trail cams up by the power lines close to mcgloshen lake,,,,,woooohoooo new whitetail area for me to scout out close to home,,,,,am sooooo stoked!!
    Have you ever noticed that huge WT dead head on the stump in the guys yard on Barnhartvale rd, just before the farms? Its got HUGE brows and looks like a thick 4x4. I always wondered if its a local deer. The guy probably thinks I'm casing his house because I drive by so slowly when I'm out there.