Thread: Easy fishing?

Easy fishing?

I'm not an avid fishermen, and haven't bought a licence for several years.

But I've got a 3 year old grandson coming to visit from Europe soon and I'd like to take him out somewhere we we can catch a fish, not just angle for nothing.

Any ideas?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Easy fishing?

Take him to a Trout farm, he'll have a blast. I'm assuming you were thinking fresh water, and not heading out in a boat on the chuck. If you're looking for more of a scenic whole day outing scenario, skip my suggestion.

Weaver Lake, near Harrison Mills, was always pretty good early in the year. I haven't been there for a while, so you may want to get some confirmation on access.
    There are a couple of small lakes with easy access in Sasquatch Park (Hicks Lake and Deer Lake?) just past Harrison that are nice also. All of them are stocked so there will be fish there.

Closer to town, there is Rice Lake in North Van.

Good luck.

I'd 2nd TPK if what its about, is catching him a fish. Alice lk was good also for a day trip. It used to hold PLENTY of stocked bow's

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

I took my grandson to Colebrook trout farm in south surrey. He had a blast and at that age its all about catching a fish. You dont want to take a chance and take him to a lake that might not produce that day as we need to get new blood into hunting and fishing so he has to enjoy it and at that age their attention span is?????

Thanks Tuchodi. I was actually thinking of a trout farm to start.

I didn't realize there was one in Surrey.

I'm kind of a meat hound myself, so I've been disappointed in Lower Mainland fishing.

Now on a moose trip to the Chilcotin I'll be certain to bring my fishing tackle!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Weaver Lake, near Harrison Mills, was always pretty good early in the year. I haven't been there for a while, so you may want to get some confirmation on access.
    There are a couple of small lakes with easy access in Sasquatch Park (Hicks Lake and Deer Lake?) just past Harrison that are nice also. All of them are stocked so there will be fish there.

Closer to town, there is Rice Lake in North Van.

Good luck.
    Stay away from the harrison area on any long weekend, too many drunk idiots around there.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.