Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HighCountry Velvet (video clip)

HighCountry Velvet (video clip)

Here's another video clip I thought you might enjoy. Any score guesses? How wide do you think he is? I don't have any sheds off this buck so your guesses are as good as mine.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ntryVelvet.flv

2. Site Sponsor

Re: HighCountry Velvet (video clip)

His antlers still have some growing to do ,this is a trophy class deer in my books ,i say he has 33 inch inside spread ,nice deer ,i would say he scores 210 points. hunter 1947.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 02-18-2007 at 06:26 PM.

Dammit dana, why don't you shoot a buck like that! Quit shooting the babies like MnT and shoot something impressive like that guy!

nice buck! my guess 32'' wide 190+ junk browtines tall.huge.even wider walkin away.i would sure like to have a bead on him.

Dana, Is that some more footage of Wide Bugger? I'd say he'd be 33 or 34 wide, gross around 215 typ., net 208. Hard to tell but he's got close to another month of growth, and so the stickers may mean more deductions, but a trophy of anyone's lifetime. Beautiful Buck! I'd like to see him during open season, that's for sure.

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

That's a dynamite "Red". The first few seconds show a lot. I think you might have to throw the net at the fish for this one. This "Bugger" would have a killer gross, especially if he didn't bust off that lil dropper before you got him!.

195 5/8 Gross...

Who knows, maybe that "Bugger" went over the magic 200? I would throw money down that he made the magic 30".

KABOOM, for sure!

SnFnL,
    Yes this is another year of Widebugger. This is from 2002. The other clip of him skylined with that funky NT was from 2003. I also have footage of him in 2000 when he was just a young dink. The last year I filmed him was in 2004 when he was almost a clean typical.
    The day I took this footage I was able to get within 10 paces of him bedded. It was a day I'll never forget. I was able to get close to 20 mins of footage of him. I have watched the footage again and again and as far as I can tell he was a 10x8. I estimate he probably was between 210-215 gross and between 33-34 inches wide.

That's what it's all about. A true highcountry "airplane" up in God's country. Someday in this lifetime during the first week or so of September I hope that myself or someone as muley crazy will lay the cross hairs on what I and many others consider the holy grail of trophy big game animals. I could watch that video all day long...especially when he snaps those big, wide, heavy, sweeping mainbeams around.......Awesome.

That is the class of animal that can bring on a serious case of buck fever.
    HEADLONG, heedless we rush, to allow shortsighted men pleading specious lesser needs, to violate our parks, forests and wilderness, to ruin for all time what all time cannot replace!

if only if only