Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: URGENT- game meat donations for fundraising dinner for the less fortunate this Friday

URGENT- game meat donations for fundraising dinner for the less fortunate this Friday

David Booth is organizing a dinner for 1000-1500 less fortunate individuals in downtown Vancouver Friday night and they are in desperate need of game meat as they are well shy of the amount they need. I'll be donating some elk and venison and thought this was a great opportunity for the members of HBC and hunters as a whole to step up and show what hunters are made of. They want only solid cuts and any donated amount is appreciated. Email me direct at adam.janke@outlook.com if you're interested as I'm running low on space for PM's.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: URGENT- game meat donations for fundraising dinner for the less fortunate this Fr

If hes begging, I can offer up a couple elk roasts, in return for a pair of row one tickets on the blue line, against the Blackhawks.... Fair is fair!
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Re: URGENT- game meat donations for fundraising dinner for the less fortunate this Fr

Got skunked this year so no can do. Is there a link anywhere. How were you informed?

No link that I know of, posted on Twitter a couple weeks back. I just spoke with the guy who's coordinating it and he let me know they were short on meat, hence the post on here.

bandit is offline Passionate pointer parent

Will they take waterfowl? Or is it big game only?

I've always wondered why, with all the problems most City's are having with all the bloody Geese ripping out every blade of grass in the parks all winter and leaving nothing but there crap, why don't they trap a few thousand every winter to feed the less fortunate people??? The Geese numbers are totally out of control, and why not use the Deer that are being Culled to feed the hungry also??? Would that be too easy of a answer for the Government to figger out?

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    Will they take waterfowl? Or is it big game only?
    Will find out bandit, thanks for reaching out. I know they're most lacking in elk and venison and are wanting solid cuts mostly (roasts, stew, steaks) as they have someone preparing a menu and they don't have many donations for these meats/cuts. The better cuts I know but I think for the cause I don't mind sparing a roast or two and some stew meat.

Quick google search.... Booth makes $4.5 MILLION per year, imho he can call an Alberta elk ranch and get a truckload of t-bones shipped on his credit card
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    If hes begging, I can offer up a couple elk roasts, in return for a pair of row one tickets on the blue line, against the Blackhawks.... Fair is fair!
    I'll get you those tix if you tell me where all the big bulls are in the EK. Fair is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Quick google search.... Booth makes $4.5 MILLION per year, imho he can call an Alberta elk ranch and get a truckload of t-bones shipped on his credit card
    Solid contribution thus far Rocksteady...keep it up.