Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bull moose success

Bull moose success

Well, Yesterday I managed to get my LEH bull, out of 3-19, got him about 40 minutes south of kamloops, He was feeding in a swamp/willow stand, first shot was through the heart, and lungs from 180 yards, with .270 remi Core loc, insurance round straight into the back down through the heart at about 5 feet. Had a great hunt, and realized that dealing with a bull moose all alone 500m from the truck isn't a good way to spend the day, but he is out, and at the butchers, can't wait for the meet to get back.

Kirby
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moose2rs.jpg 
Views:	688 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	27  
    Last edited by Kirby; 10-25-2004 at 08:42 PM.
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bull moose success

congrats,should be some good eatin.btw,it's easier with two guys,lol.good job!!!!!

LOL, ya, would have been alot easier with two guys, but only me, so had to do it, only took 6 hours to get him quartered, packed, and at the truck.

Kirby

Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

Congrats, on your harvest. 500m can seem like infinity at times like that, especially if there is any sort of incline to it!
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

Talking Re: Bull moose success

Nice bull! What did he weigh at the butcher shop? and how wide was he?
    Expect nothing, and you won't be disappointed

Thumbs up Re: Bull moose success

Nice going Kirby that's one nice looking animal. I can only hope that I get that kind of opportunity next year. Congratulations on a beautiful animal.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

very nice bull...hope we can score on one in a couple weeks...ur draw on the a or b side???
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Way to go Kirby. Looks like a great eating bull. What was he, about 30-30" wide. Heading out this weekend with a friend from the coast to see if he can find an immature. Only a week and half left up here then its straight deer hunting.
    Congrats
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby
    Well, Yesterday I managed to get my LEH bull, out of 3-19, got him about 40 minutes south of kamloops, He was feeding in a swamp/willow stand, first shot was through the heart, and lungs from 180 yards, with .270 remi Core loc, insurance round straight into the back down through the heart at about 5 feet. Had a great hunt, and realized that dealing with a bull moose all alone 500m from the truck isn't a good way to spend the day, but he is out, and at the butchers, can't wait for the meet to get back.

Kirby
    Good for you Kirby! Dealing with it alone was undoubtedly strenuous, but what an adventure!
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

He was 32" wide, and, from the tip, to the back of the palms were 29", The LEH draw was on the Lac LeJeune side(3-19B). Seen a couple of imatures in the area too.
    Didn't get a weight at the butcher, will see how much meat I get off it, I lost a fair bit in the hind quarters as quartering alone isn't nearly as neat as with two guys.
    Heres the head on the pack frame, took me 5 and half hours to this point.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/...pack23-med.jpg

Kirby
    Last edited by Kirby; 10-26-2004 at 09:29 AM.