Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got me a spike bull yesterday. No pics.

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Cool Got me a spike bull yesterday. No pics.

Well, at 2:30 yesterday my 3 year drought came to an end. We decided, after hunting all morning at one spot, to stop at Graceland (named so because of the monster bull we saw there last week, named "The King") which is an island on the Skeena, for a quick look around before heading back to Rupert. My buddy went one way and I went another. I was about 30 mins in when I spotted something dark in a small group of large trees in the middle of a meadow about 150 yards away. I soon realized, via binocs, that it was moose hide but I could not see its head. It soon turned and it had terribly small horns, somewhere between a spike and a paddle bull. It began to trot quite quickly broadside and was in danger of disappearing if I did not act fast. I quickly found a stump to rest on, found his ribs in my scope and let a 300 grain Nosler fly from my new .375 H&H Win Mod-70. I saw it lurch but then it ran out of sight, which was only 20 more feet. I went over but could not find it. I whistled for my buddy and he whistled back immediately as he was only 75 yards away (I knew where he was so there was no danger). He said he had been chasing a moose through the thick brush but had not actually seen it. Well, I saw it. We looked for tracks for 15 mins but could not find them. He asked me if I missed and I said I wasn't sure, although I was thinking "how could I miss a moose broadside at that distance"?....stranger things have happened. Finally I walked over a little further and there it was all piled up in a depression (he was not depressed but rather was laying in one). Both lungs and the top of his heart. He would have been legal in an immature only area. We 1/4'ed him and I packed him out with my Bull-pac. Shot at 2:30, in the Zodiak at 6:45. Lot of BS'ing mixed in during that duration.
    He is going to be some gooooood eating.
    PS. I ran out of film the other day and forgot to get more...doh!
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Got me a spike bull yesterday. No pics.

congradulations on the moose . At that age they are second to none for eating.
    I can tell ya, but you know I' ll be lying to you!!!!

way ta go stix...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Thumbs up Re: Got me a spike bull yesterday. No pics.

Congrats on the moose Mike,glad to hear you got your meat for your freezer.It's to bad you didn't have a camera with you, to me it's like my Master Card, I never leave home without it

I guess we'll just have to take your word on this one
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Finally I walked over a little further and there it was all piled up in a depression
    LOL - i know what you meant, but for a second there I was gonna suggest you switch to the new Prozac partition, or possibly an accu-ziban.

Congrats bud - them immatures is some of the finest eating meat there is, you'll enjoy it a great deal i think.

bone-collector Guest

good show mike

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Thank you, thank you very much.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

MMMMMM!!! YUMMY!!! Well done Stix!!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

well just got word that another lil two point bull moose bit the dust today...my uncle got one!!! thats 3 of my family members that have gotten one this year..just cuz i was the only one to get one last year i will be the only one to not get one this year i bet...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Good stuff! Moose Steak, mmmmmmm.......