Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Bones Strikes Again

bone-collector Guest

Team Bones Strikes Again

well P17 wanted to go after his first moose .... looks like he came to the right house

I will chalk this on the wall as 1 of the hardest hunts I have had to do ..but in the end it was all worth it to see a new moose hunters face when he relised that 5KMs of walking through swamp hell in fresh snow was al worth it in the end not to mention the offhand 300+ yard shot

2. Site Sponsor

Talking Re: Team Bones Strikes Again

Nice moose!I don't know if I should say it ,But shit your good at finding moose! How wide was it?
    Last edited by Mulie_Hunter; 10-22-2004 at 11:22 PM.
    Expect nothing, and you won't be disappointed

bone-collector Guest

Re: Team Bones Strikes Again

41" with a large part of 1 paddle broke off from fighting, he had more scars than any bull I have ever seen, gestimate of 48" if he had all the antler there by measuring the 1 side up but 41 will do fine for his first moose and about 700lbs of meat

Talking Re: Team Bones Strikes Again

My first moose was just a immature and we got about 350lbs of meat out of him, I missed one this year that was about that size. Well there's always next year.Was he still rutting?
    Expect nothing, and you won't be disappointed

way to go rob...has willer gone after his yet??
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

bone-collector Guest

no willer didnt make it up and I dont think there rutting still , but 6" snow makes them move and another 3 or 4" last night by the looks of it outside will push them off the mountains into there wintering grounds .

'nother nice moose Rob! Well done! Its a shame we couldn't make it up there but I'm definately gonna head up that way for the open season next year if I don't pull a draw.

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

bone-collector Guest

you know your always welcome here Chris , but I can tell you we havent seen 1 bull that you could have arrowed there all been 300+ yards and most of them doing a buck forty away from me, 1 smaller bull that likes playing chicken with us for 3 days now...I will ruin his day one of these days if he ever slows down nuff my bullets could catch up to him

No worries Rob, the bow usually gets traded for the rifle when it comes to puttin moose in the freezer!!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

nice moose...gotta love that country