Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I keep it?

Should I keep it?

Upon opening the spotting scope I ordered last week, I noticed they sent me the angled model instead of the straight model. Angled would be nicer for bench shooting(which I do very little of) and looking at animals at a higher elevation than I am at. Peeking around boulders and over hilltops though you would be much more in the open. Any thoughts?
    Twist and pull.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Should I keep it?

Hey if it works for ya and is not an lesser value scope, keep it. Chances are they are trying to keep you happy because they are out of the model you want OR....

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

if it works for u keep it ,i have found it hard to line up on a distant animal with the angled eye piece.just my 2 cents.

I use the angled eye piece.I find it much more comfortable on the neck.JMO
    "ETCOOMS"

Trade it for a straight-through model. My opinion is that, the straight model is easier to locate the target. Just my two bits.

I like the straight eyepiece models the best
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

A good tripod will keep your neck comfortable as well... I do think the straight bodied scopes are easier to get onto game quickly but I imagine an angled would be fine once you got used to it.

Happy Hunting!
    Carl

Some of the newere and higher end angle spotters employ a "twisting" mount, so it's possible to tilt the scope over and look through the eyepiece from "straigght" (but still at a sideways) angle.

I still thinkthe straigth one makes up in versatility what it loses in easy comfort, and lets face it- most tof the time when spotting for game, you end up in a funny sitting position anyway!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Well I think I'll send this one back and go with my original choice. The company I purchased from already offered to cover the shipping each way as it was their mistake. I am more concerned with versatility and ease of target acquisition than neck comfort at the range.
    Twist and pull.

I am more concerned with versatility and ease of target acquisition than neck comfort at the range.
    Then definitely return it and get the straight bodied... What did you get... Zeiss, Swaro?

Carl