Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bcwf insurance

bcwf insurance

Maybe someone could explain to me why no matter when in the year you become a member-the third party liability insurance for ATV's runs out dec31. (ie:-join/re-new in Sept-insurance runs out on dec 31-so no insurance coverage from Jan 1 to Sept) I know a few people who never read the policy close enough and were riding around (hunting or fishing of course) without insurance!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: bcwf insurance

Yes your club membership goes by calendar year, that's why it's best to join right away.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

WHAT ?

If that is the case I will wait to renew my membership.
    That just seems silly but I guess that's the way they do it.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Quote Originally Posted by 300H&H View Post
    WHAT ?

If that is the case I will wait to renew my membership.
    That just seems silly but I guess that's the way they do it.

Membership at my gun club and my bcwf membership end dec 31.
    Much like my hunting license expires Apr 31 regardless of when I buy it.
    And my fishing license.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

The BCWF buys a policy for a one year period and - regardless of when you joined their policy - it will expire a year after the BCWF bought it.

my fish and game club changed (coordinated) its memberships to be in synch with the insurance that BCWF offers so that everything makes sense.

well now everybody will be renewing in january, thanks for the info

Hi Everybody,

Our insurance can be a little tricky, so I went straight to the source - BCWF Membership Coordinator Erin Kinloch:

"BCWF has over 109 Member Clubs, and each BCWF Member Club uses a different Membership system. Some Clubs sell Memberships that run from the date you sign up until Dec. 31st , while other Clubs sell Memberships that are good for one full year no matter when you sign up, which is similar to BCWF Direct Memberships. It is best practice to confirm the dates with the Club at the time of purchase, or to check the Card issued to you by the Member Club."

If you have any questions about BCWF / Club Memberships, you can contact Erin by phone at 604-882-9988 ext. 222 or by email at membership@bcwf.bc.ca.

Curtis Ketter
    BCWF Marketing & Communications Coordinator

So Im in the clear then.. I bought my direct membership in september.. My card also says expires sept of next year.. I guess this applies to people buying insurance from rod and gun clubs

Quote Originally Posted by blacksn95 View Post
    So Im in the clear then.. I bought my direct membership in september.. My card also says expires sept of next year.. I guess this applies to people buying insurance from rod and gun clubs
    If I understand correctly...your membership will expire 1 year from the date you buy it, BUT the ATV liability insurance will expire Dec 31 of this year.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Has anyone been able to clear this up? I joined the BCWF in November so it looks like I only get 1 month of coverage. I'm wondering how many members are uninsured most of the year because they cant print off a valid certificate of insurance. The BCWF response above does not directly address this at all.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...