Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First the Oldest now the middle Kid

First the Oldest now the middle Kid

So we took our oldest out last week and that made our younger daughter jealous. So we took our 4yr old Kassy out for a shoot this morning. Definitely better weather than we had yesterday, despite it being much colder. The big flocks flew early on a count of it being a cloudless night. We scratched up a few here and there, most of the birds were landing or putting the gear down to the left of Brit (think he set it up that way greedy) it started to slow a lil and a flock of 5 teal came in 303 decided to water swat them, 4! in one shot. Then Lorne pulled in a single Cackler who look lost and he met his demise at the hands of that shiny new semi I bought for 303. Despite being cold Kassy thoroughly enjoyed herself and can't wait to go again. We put together a 3 person limit even though the weather was less than ducky.

Mrs.SKS

2. Site Sponsor

Re: First the Oldest now the middle Kid

Sometimes you just gotta water swat 4 teal at once, and no I wasn't #7s and a skeet choke lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Was a good shoot, 9 widgeons, 9 teal, 6 lards and the lesser. Done by 8:20. Only 6 drakes, the poor girl ducks have taken a beating in the valley this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    Was a good shoot, 9 widgeons, 9 teal, 6 lards and the lesser. Done by 8:20. Only 6 drakes, the poor girl ducks have taken a beating in the valley this year.
    The suzies take a beating every year till the 3rd week of Nov at the earliest

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Way to go guys! Your teal story reminds me of when my dad and I took 6 shots and 9 teal fell, bought some bacon after that hunt haha.
    Mallards are starting to show up down here on our fields too.

Longshot jr.

Awesome!!!!!!. Nothing like introducing the kids early.
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

You bet Dan! My kids are going to be exposed to nothing but the best in life

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.SKS View Post
    You bet Dan! My kids are going to be exposed to nothing but the best in life
    Love it. Good thing they live in BC. Living in Bantario, they wouldn't have a chance.. With that said..when we going hunt'in?
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

That's awesome. Started our own boys when they were that age. Now they are on there own but still come waterfowl hunting with us.
    Feras consumere nati

Dan you are so true. Bantario doesn't have as much to offer as beautiful BC You let me know when you are looking at for going hunting in the near future. I need to get out for another hunt very soon.