PDA

View Full Version : Moose leh

longleader
10-11-2013, 08:56 AM
My daughter and I have a shared bull moose draw in november, but she has had eye surgery and will be unable to hunt or accompany me. So, am I still allowed to hunt by myself, or am I out of luck? Not sure how to interpret the synopsis in that situation.

Thanks, Bill.

7mm
10-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Yep you can hunt yourself good luck to both of you

dingdongdenny
10-11-2013, 09:01 AM
yes you can. you both must have tags and either of you can shot only one between the two of you.

Sofa King
10-11-2013, 09:01 AM
you are all good.
either of you can hunt it, or together.
good luck.

moosecaller
10-11-2013, 09:21 AM
yes you can. you both must have tags and either of you can shot only one between the two of you.

You both do not need tags just the one hunting, and again yes you can hunt alone the other party does not need to be there.

longleader
10-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Thanks very much. When I get home I will try to call the co on the tag thing. I wanted to get a basic idea now of whether I would be able to hunt or not so I could make other plans if not.

Bill

Steeleco
10-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Save the dime!! If she's unable to go, there's no need for her to buy a tag, or even a licence if she's not got one already. The LEH allows either of you to shoot a moose, ONE moose, but both must have tags.

Hope she's better soon.

moosecaller
10-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Save the dime!! If she's unable to go, there's no need for her to buy a tag, or even a licence if she's not got one already. The LEH allows either of you to shoot a moose, ONE moose, but both must have tags.

Hope she's better soon.

No need to buy a license or a tag...............but both need tags?? This is kind of contradictory. If one of the parties does not hunt on the LEH the other one can and shoot on it, and no need for the one not hunting for what ever reason to even buy a license.

ActionJackson017
10-12-2013, 09:43 AM
I believe what Steeleco was implying was if it was indeed a group hunt LEH, you are allowed to take 2 bulls, but there would be two hunters, and both must carry a tag. In your case, you will be a single hunter, with a single tag, and LEH authorization to hunt a single bull moose. Your daughter would have to be with you with her own license and tag to drop the 2nd moose under the LEH.

Hope that makes sense.. :)

Edit: Wow, that was a lot of commas.. I feel like Jelly-Belly :P

dingdongdenny
10-12-2013, 09:54 AM
I believe what Steeleco was implying was if it was indeed a group hunt LEH, you are allowed to take 2 bulls, but there would be two hunters, and both must carry a tag. In your case, you will be a single hunter, with a single tag, and LEH authorization to hunt a single bull moose. Your daughter would have to be with you with her own license and tag to drop the 2nd moose under the LEH.

Hope that makes sense.. :)

Edit: Wow, that was a lot of commas.. I feel like Jelly-Belly :P

actually ir's a shared hunt only can take 1 moose. but ya she doesn't need to buy a tag. Only if she was hunting with him.Page 3 of leh synopsis.

ActionJackson017
10-12-2013, 10:00 AM
DDD, you are right.. groups of two will by allowed to take one moose only. Sorry. I was thinking of my own moose LEH shared hunt, which is a group of 3 and therefore allows 2 moose.

longleader
10-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Thanks again for the info. I don't have access to the synopsis now, but will when I get home, so this helps with my planning.

Also, thanks for the well wishes. She has had a Scleral buckle procedure for detached retina (in her shooting eye) and it'll be a while before she can see much with that eye, or do anything very strenuous like packing moose quarters.

Bill