PDA

View Full Version : no-peep Sights

machine932
10-10-2013, 06:49 AM
what do you all think of no-peep sights, I'm just getting back into archery and would like to start with a no=peep. do any of you use no-peep's what do you think.

Thanks

Ranger95
10-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Do you mean a sigth that doesn't require a peep or using a regular sight without using a peep?

machine932
10-10-2013, 09:27 PM
sight with no peep
like this one
http://www.archeryinnovations.com/

Moosegetter
10-11-2013, 06:19 AM
My budy shoots with one and likes it.I like the idea but haven't tried one yet.

Ranger95
10-11-2013, 04:41 PM
I havent seen that exact model being used, but I've had a couple shots through one of these (http://www.perrysnopeep.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=104&Itemid=58) Axcel sights and it was pretty good. It seems like a little to get used to, but a very interesting idea.

BDN9
01-05-2014, 04:12 PM
MACHINE932: Did you end up trying the anchor site? What do you think about it? I just got a new PSE DNA SP and I'm thinking of putting it on. Thanks.

RoscoeP
01-05-2014, 09:42 PM
I tried one type and accuracy was not to bad and would probably be good hunting in low light conditions but a peep is more accurate and the only way to go in my opinion. Cheers Roscoe

BDN9
01-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the info.

nelsonob1
01-28-2014, 07:53 PM
Take a look at the IQ Sight.

Bear_Down
05-26-2014, 10:40 AM
In used a kisser just to keep the same ancor point. Just was not as accurate as the peep. In all honesty I never trained long ennough to give an honest review. As the draw is different from instinctive with re curve to compound.

Scotty-B
05-26-2014, 03:34 PM
I bow hunted quite successfully for 25 years without a peep or kisser, although I did employ an anchor point relative to using the same theory as having had a kisser. I was able to maintain excellent accuracy out to a max of 60 yards. I had the pins for the front sights, and used my top finger anchored into the corner of my mouth at full draw. I only went to a peep after buying a new bow and changing from finger tabs to a mechanical release.

Big Lew
05-26-2014, 04:46 PM
Most consistent archers instinctively use an anchor point to maintain good form regardless of using kissers, peeps, or mechanical sights. If you have a good anchor point, whatever you use will work. I personally use a tubeless peep and have my pins well ahead of the bow in order to be more accurate. Although I haven't tried the mechanical rear sight, I would think it potentially would be less accurate as it is far closer to the pins than a peep or kisser setup....similar to a rifle with open sights versus a pistol.

Walksalot
06-03-2014, 07:04 AM
As said before a solid anchor is the order of the day. Incorporate a string loop into your string and the peep will always be aligned. I tried the no peep and determined it to be of no value to me. To me it was another pain in the bum gadget to have to deal with. Out in a hunting scenario the less you have to think about the better off you will be.