PDA

View Full Version : MU 4-25 private land maps (Palliser/Ravenshead)

tenrag
10-09-2013, 09:13 PM
I recently downloaded the kml file from front counter BC to help identify private land within region 4-25 (Palliser and Ravenshead to be exact). I added the file to Google Earth and set the layers to show crown and private ownership. The results confused me because there are areas that are crown land (or at least I thought they were) showing as private land. I started to think if a logging company has rights to log on the land would the ownership change or maybe if a rancher has grazing rights it might change the ownership status. I understand that some logging company (ie: Tembec) might own the land and still allow the public to access the land for camping, hunting, and atving.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this topic. I have contacted front counter BC about this and I'm awaiting their reply.

drakfero
10-12-2013, 02:01 PM
get some link here for everybody :)

6point
10-12-2013, 10:14 PM
yep ive found areas up on fairly remote mountain sides with no roads near them showing up as private land. Not sure what to think of this..have also found that some places it just wont bring up the layers no matter how many times I try to refresh the images. my guess is its got some bugs?