PDA

View Full Version : Antlerless Elk MU 4-08 C - November LEH

GoodPartner
10-09-2013, 08:48 PM
I was LUCKY to draw an LEH tag for an antlerless elk in region 4-08 this November. I will be travelling from Vancouver Island most likely along Hwy #3 to Nelson. I actually got this same draw last September in the same area, and was successful (again lucky). I have some good local friends there that I have hunted with over the last couple of years (this is why I put in for this area) but we are all still pretty inexperienced. I am planning on arriving there the last couple days of October to scout and do some deer hunting too.

I will be driving my truck and don't have a quad or anything like that. I would love to be able to hike into some cool areas this year. So if anyone out there has any advice, suggestions, do's and don'ts, etc that you are willing to share I would appreciate a response here or a PM.

I feel really good either way, just happy to be going on an adventure with some good friends I don't get to see often enough. I'd appreciate any kind of info or suggestions from North Van Isle to Nelson. I'm thinking Oct 28th to November 5th all in....Road conditions at that time, where to stop, cool things to look for to take pictures of, a safe appropriate place to sight in my rifle, what to bring,...anything along the way would be great.

Thanks.