PDA

View Full Version : iMap Bc

cgizen
10-09-2013, 08:48 PM
I am wondering if anyone has checked out iMap BC. I am wondering if the wildlife observation points could actually be accurately used as a way to get yourself in the same area as a certain species. I am somewhat doubtful since there are a lot of observation points for moose in an area near me that I find hard to believe there is much if any sort of a moose population. That is only one example of the different observation points. I suppose if the ministry is trying to observe them there, then there is a chance you would find that species there. :confused:

http://maps.gov.bc.ca/ess/sv/imapbc/

Neil 30-06
10-10-2013, 06:00 AM
I am wondering if anyone has checked out iMap BC. I am wondering if the wildlife observation points could actually be accurately used as a way to get yourself in the same area as a certain species. I am somewhat doubtful since there are a lot of observation points for moose in an area near me that I find hard to believe there is much if any sort of a moose population. That is only one example of the different observation points. I suppose if the ministry is trying to observe them there, then there is a chance you would find that species there. :confused:

http://maps.gov.bc.ca/ess/sv/imapbc/

I sure hope there is no correlation between these observation/survey points and where the prominet population of animals/species are! Otherwise, my area looks very bleek. :?

DanTheMan
10-10-2013, 06:17 AM
When I read the title I thought you were talking about an iOS app.

That is a pretty cool service that I didn't even know existed. I recently moved so I think I'll use it as a starting point for new fishing spots. Thanks for the find.

cgizen
10-10-2013, 07:39 AM
I sure hope there is no correlation between these observation/survey points and where the prominet population of animals/species are! Otherwise, my area looks very bleek. :?

Ya, I kind of think that there is must be some sort of relation between the two, the question I keep asking myself is, why is the ministry observing or trying to observe species in those areas. I checked the moe website and even they refer to iMap as a reference for species population observation. The one thing I did notice with the page is it needs a long time to load all the info. May be my computer and connection, but it did take a bit to load.

cgizen
10-10-2013, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the find.

Ya, no problem, I just came across it as well. It seems like it could be pretty handy for a lot of things.