PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used a "Bear Truth 2"?

Ranger95
10-09-2013, 04:34 PM
I can get one of these at a really good price and have done some research into them online, but I was wondering if any of you fine gentlemen (or ladies) had ever used one. Also, before you ask, I have shot it and messed around with it a little, but what I'm really wondering is long term problems or issues with them. Any help will do, Thanks.

nx2001
10-10-2013, 10:02 AM
I can't say for a fact on how the Bear Truth 2 is since I don't own one. But I do own and still use a Bear Apprentice (the original one, although I wouldn't mind a 2 or 3 as an upgrade) in the last 3+ year, got it when it first came out. I'm a small guy so there wasn't much for people with my draw-length and still come in with the required lb for making ethical kills back then. But what I found with the Apprentice was that the balance is a bit off so a stabilizer/weight is needed and the arrow drop is quite dramatic pass a certain distance. But since the Truth 2 is a bit faster and higher on the lb, I think it would shot a bit more flat and be more forgiving. As for quality, I haven't had any problem with my Apprentice. Have shot in rain and snow, at the range and in the woods. It hasn't failed me so far.

Bowzone_Mikey
10-10-2013, 10:57 AM
I can get one of these at a really good price and have done some research into them online, but I was wondering if any of you fine gentlemen (or ladies) had ever used one. Also, before you ask, I have shot it and messed around with it a little, but what I'm really wondering is long term problems or issues with them. Any help will do, Thanks.

they are not terrible but they certainly are not top rack either ... Bears manufacturing tolerances are not as tight as some manufacturers ... anyone I have known with a Bear bow has bought it because they were "on a budget" and have sold it and upgraded within a year.
problematic with bushings and bearings, Limb deflection and shims are most common issues with Bear equipment

My advise is to save for a little longer and buy better quality the first time.

jessbennett
10-11-2013, 12:32 PM
they are not terrible but they certainly are not top rack either ... Bears manufacturing tolerances are not as tight as some manufacturers ... anyone I have known with a Bear bow has bought it because they were "on a budget" and have sold it and upgraded within a year.
problematic with bushings and bearings, Limb deflection and shims are most common issues with Bear equipment

My advise is to save for a little longer and buy better quality the first time.

agreed, but in all fairness, in the past two or 3 years, bear bows have come a LONG way. the new models are really really nice. these bows are no longer a "budget" bow. but yes the truth and the truth 2 have had their issues as mikey has said.