PDA

View Full Version : Moose Hunting 3-19

Neil 30-06
10-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm new here but have a few hunting years under my belt (some good, some not so good lol). I'm heading out with my father-in-law for some Moose, Mule & White tail deer in 3-19 this weekend. We're heading out for a week.

I'm not going to even try and ask for anyones honey hole (although some off the wall pointers would help). Mainly, we were planing on setting up camp at McConnell Lake but had a friend scout it and apperantly there is signs saying no camping there. I'm looking for somewhere off the beaten path but I have a 5th wheel I'm bringing up so dont want to try 4 wheeling to get into camp. I'm not afraid to bring it down some hearty dirt roads, dont get me wrong.

Can I get a few, half decent places to set up camp in the area of McConnell lake thats off the mains. Give or take 50km's or so. Only a few days before we leave so much appreciation to any pointers in advance.

Anyone in the area next week and see a fifthwheel and white GMC 2007, feel free to stop by for a hot toddy.

Cheers, and thanks again!

Caveman
10-09-2013, 01:11 AM
Lodge pole Lake is a pretty good spot. Bookies in the lake as well. West side of the lake may be easiest to get into. If you don't need anything formal, there several easy access pull off areas on the Goose Lake Rd or Timber and Connelly Lake roads

hare_assassin
10-09-2013, 06:23 AM
Yep. If Lodgepole is occupied, I'd go to that big clearing not too far up Connolly Lake Rd.

That spot off Goose Lake Rd wouldn't be my first choice (it's an informal range and is used a lot).

Neil 30-06
10-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Awesome, thanks for the spots guys. I think I'll give Lodgepole a try first hoping no ones there. Its always nice to be on a lake to do some fishing in between morning and evening hunts.

hare_assassin
10-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Awesome, thanks for the spots guys. I think I'll give Lodgepole a try first hoping no ones there. Its always nice to be on a lake to do some fishing in between morning and evening hunts.

There might even be some hare around there, if you know where to look. :)

I might be in the area and if so I might just stop to say hi.

Neil 30-06
10-10-2013, 06:04 AM
It would be great to find some Hare in the area. :-D

Your more then welcome to stop by, would be nice to meet some members from HBC.

Cheers!