PDA

View Full Version : 3-37 and surrounding areas

ianm
10-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Howdy all - So I'm heading up to 3-37 in search of mulies and WT in a couple weeks for 4 or 5 days :D What's the consensus of the area? I tried doing a search on HBC but could only come up with posts from 2006-2010. Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated! We'll be bootin around by quad and likely spending some time hiking. Google maps is showing a TON of logging blocks up there...is it still pretty active?

Thanks,

Ian

Kowabunga
10-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Hello Ian,

It is still quite active aroud that area. Interfor - Adams Lake Div. seems to have a steady stream of logging trucks running on the west side of the lake from various logging shows in their operating area.

One area to check out would be Scotch Creek (670-RD) which is the next drainage to the east of Adams river (MU 3-36). There are mulies throughout, and whitetail in the lower end of the valley. Not alot of recent harvesting in there, but many blocks that are not too grown in. If you go into Adams Lake area just get off of the mainline up some of the roads in the southern area of MU 3-37 (Cahilty, Cicero, Samatosum) and you should find mulies, and possibly moose.

Roads connect the 670-RD at 27-1/4 km to 44-km on the 40-RD which takes you to the north end of Adams Lake along the east side of the lake. You can do a big loop if you wish (the road may still canbe closed at 12-km on the 670 though for a bridge replacement - watch for signs).

Best of luck.

ianm
10-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Awesome, thanks Kowabunga!! I'll definitely check those areas out. Still nice and warm though is my only concern...should I be sticking to higher terrain?

Kowabunga
10-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Snow is around above 1400-metres in the area, so the highest areas (Adams Plateau, Cicero, Samatosum) should have some - especially in a couple of weeks time. Usually there is snow in the highest areas by mid- to late-October.