PDA

View Full Version : heading up the elk valley this weekend

Koot
10-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Hello All,
Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as far as good places to camp up the elk valley? I am taking my son and two brand new hunters on their first hunting trip.
thanks,
Koot

Brew
10-08-2013, 11:21 AM
There's lots of spots. A few on the right in a few spots or try blue lake forestry site. Camped there a few times. I guess it depends how far up you want to go. Good luck

Koot
10-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Sounds good, it's always a crap shoot when you go somewhere new and what looks like a great spot to camp on the map turns out to be pretty crappy!
Have you camped at Forsyth creek rec site before?
Thanks,
koot

mamm7215
10-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Used to camp a lot at State creek, but it got so busy over the years it just became a zoo. The lower valley has some great spots right off the main road, you actually have to look for the little roads off to really nice camp sites, but they've all been good. I've got a pretty good idea of where we'll go based on previous successes, just want to max the odds for my son...we should be ok for a doe or 2...

Mark_S
10-08-2013, 01:47 PM
I camped at the Forsyth creek camp site probably 20 years ago. Not too bad of a spot. The fishing wasn't any good that year though.

eastkoot
10-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Elk are screaming in the lower valley...Good luck

Elkaddict
10-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Best spots on the west side of the valley would be Kravinski's Meadow, Blue Lake or Weary Creek. Forsythe is pretty much inaccessible due to the high water last spring. There are a few nice spots that are not forest rec sites if you look for them. Watch for road closures north of Bingay Creek. Good luck.

Koot
10-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks Guys,
It won't be much of a hunt for me as I have had recent surgery but the kids(adults) can cover some ground.
Screaming Elk ....is there anything better???

Koot
10-08-2013, 03:45 PM
This will be my daughters first hunt. She took her core when she was twelve and promptly told me there is no way she will EVER go hunting.Here we are 7 years later and she has been dying to get out but college is busy so it has taken until now to get the time to go. It will also be the first hunt for her boyfriend. Should be fun

REMINGTON JIM
10-08-2013, 04:53 PM
ALRIDGE Creek - great camping spot and you can work up and down the valley from there ! :wink: RJ

Elkaddict
10-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Oooops, my bad. Forsyth should be O.K. It was Aldridge I was thinking of. The camping spot on the west side is pretty much gone. The meadow on the east side is reduced by about 2/3rds but the cement pad is still there. They are setting up for logging the east side of the river, so there may be some heavy vehicle traffic on the that side of the river.